• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Buckets

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Ok I need some REALLY good ideas what to do with a couple of 5 gallon plastic buckets with plastic handles.
Let the ideas flow ...

229042.jpg

as of 08-19am-11 - 102 buckets

Make a BUNCH of 5 gallon mouse traps!

229053.jpg

The photo above was just saved of the internet.

229054.jpg

The one above is one that I made. I've made several. They work great. The wood ramp isn't shown with mine, it had fallen the photo was not of the trap it just happened to be in the background of a photo of Cub Cadet parts. Peanut butter on the pill bottle, a ramp for the mouse to access the wire and a few inches of water in the bucket to drown the mouse in.

Kraig - My boat has mice in it ... I did that and it sat there in the boat next to the front deck where they could just jump from the carpet onto the PB for 3 weeks ... you need another virgin mouse trap ?

<font size="-2">and he thinks we have stupid mice down here!</font>

How about making some rear weights for a Cub Cadet? This is a design that David Kirk came up with years ago.

229056.jpg

229057.jpg

I thought about laying them on their sides and stacking them , then open up a new Post Office. I'd have plenty of post office boxes (buckets) BUT since they're going to be closing a bunch of offices I guess I need another idea... and

Kraig you've not rang the bell yet
biggrin.gif

KENtuckyKEN

Ken , they got a TV show that i`am guessing they would love to have you on lol. I know just when you throw something away you will find a use for it .lol.

KENtuckyKEN

Now I hear some guys cut a hole in the bottom and plant some kind of weed in them to keep the rabits from eating at the stem and killing them. that is just a rumor I heard .
Shotgun.gif

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

2nd use for a bucket of Kentucks came to be bamby when I looked at your link. lol.

229068.jpg

1a_scratchhead.gif

Don, works for me, perhaps there's a Canadian filter at that website.
dunno.gif

The check out guy at Wally World yesterday looked like this.

DonT - I am not a hoarder ... I am a saver !

Kathy gets buckets from work when they're empty if someone else doesn't need one. Sometimes she brings home 2 to 5 per week.
She cuts the lids off and takes those to be recycled. When I cut the lids off I get maybe three cut and then my hand and forearm hurts so bad I can't pick up the aviation tin snips.

Ken ? this

(Fill with straw and chicken and wait for your eggs. )
229086.gif

DonT - Yep , shoot I bet if ya really wanted to you get get maybe 7 chickens in there if you really PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN !

Back to the buckets ...

I had the bright idea that maybe people would want buckets to fill with money then bury them in the back yard instead of the old standard Mason jar but since the Stock Market is wiping every body out I guess a pill bottle would be big enough now.

Sportsman's Guide has screw on water tight lids for buckets. I thought about getting a couple but my back is to bad to dig the holes.

Before somebody asks

KENtuckyKEN

Ken sorry but in your first clip you can hear me take my Nomad for a run lol. You got way to much time on your hands. I see you have done some research on buckets .
229092.gif

KENtuckyKEN

Ken you could use them there buckets to empty my pool ! the water is 86 deg here and I`am going in a have a glass of wine with the wife.This is the last day of her 4 weeks vacation . some cub time coming up here. Later Don T

229095.jpg

Back