• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Buck Creek Plow Day

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This address is usually GPS friendly:
3150 22th Ave, Hopkinton, IA

From the East on Hwy 20
Exit at Hwy 38 and head South (towards Monticello)
At Hopkinton take an immediate right when you get to town County Road D47
Continue on until you pass through Buck Creek, Do NOT BLINK!
1 mile past B.C. the black top curves right (North) Slow down- at this curve you turn South on the gravel
First place on the Left

Will be good to see you guys again.
I guessed on Hwy 20, Hopefully that will help.

Hold the fort down while we plow tomorrow guys.
(Read the tag line).
aaaa_tongue2.gif
aaaa_tongue2.gif
aaaa_tongue2.gif
aaaa_tongue2.gif

Couldn't resist.
Hopefully somebody less busy than myself gets some pictures.
And who will get the MYSTERY TROPHY?? What is it, how do I earn it?
I'm holding back on the most prestigious plow day trophy in the history of dirt....who will be the big winner??

Dave S, Rick B -- Thanks for the directions. We're bringing my 100. Had hoped to bring my 73 too but it's still in the shop having its engine overhauled...it blew a rod about a month ago when the oil level got too low -- very unexpectedly by the way. Ironically, it was just rebuilt last winter and had less than 40 hours on it since it was last overhauled. It didn't smoke at all...we were shocked this happened. Very expensive fix, too.

Dang its the second Buck Creek plow day I will miss! My wife keeps scheduling vacation in Otober I tell her no vacations in plow months

Well--after an absolutely crazy day today we are en route. Somehow we managed to load the tractors and plows and gear...

299710.jpg

Hopefully we have everything that we need--if not, Dave does in that awesome rig of his!!! The kids are really excited and so am I.

Steve--looking forward to seeing you again. Too bad about the 73. You'll have it up and rolling again soon, I have no doubt.

Rick--Caleb and I won't be "virtual plowing"!!!! We'll be there in real time getting dirty and turning earth. I've got the camera and video camera charged and ready.

299711.jpg

GPS says we should arrive 12:45am. Like Tom Bodet was fond of saying, "we'll leave the light on for you". Please do!!! C ya soon!

Made it to "the Crack"!!!! Safe and sound. Grab a couple of hours of rest and then Git R Done!

Me too Jeff! Beautiful day for plowing. Just got back from the kids last soccer game of the season. In this case, family comes first. They grow up way too fast. Don't forget pics and/or vids guys and gals!
beerchug.gif

Rick B -- Many thanks to you and Corey for making today happen...another terrific event this year! By the way, if you find a white Brinley sleeve hitch draw pin, it got left behind by us. We couldn't find it when we got home so we're assuming we left it in the grass where we parked...(straight across from the house, and maybe slightly west).

Josh S -- Sorry you couldn't attend this year...it was a great day for plowing!

Had a great time at Buck Creek again this year! Caleb kept saying when we first arrived, "I can't believe that it has been two years since we were last here!" Many thanks to Corey and his family for all the hard work they put in. The field prep that Corey did sure helped. Without it, I'm not sure that we would have been able to do much plowing. One of my favorite things about this year was my kids! This was the first plow day where Caleb was able to confidently plow. He got on the Mule at 8:30 and didn't get off of it until about 10:30! He kept making round after round. It was awesome! Claudia plowed for the first time, with my help and coaching, she seemed to really enjoy it too!

Rick Beem once again did a great job in rounding up door prizes and behind the scenes organizational stuff and I especially enjoyed "the homemade trophies"! Dave S was there early helping out and brought some door prizes too. Overall, it was a great experience and certainly worth the drive down for me and my kids. We really enjoyed reconnecting with our friends from the forum and from the local area!

I will include pics and some video links when I get back home and catch up with my schedule!

Another great day in the books!! My 1200 seemed to be dialed in about as good as it's gonna be! I only got to make a couple rounds on it, Corey's Nephew really gave it a work out!!

I just could not get the 12" to work right. I will have to get the right brackets and have them with to pull the 10" behind it, bet that would have worked better.

Was really great to see the gang again! I think we need a long distance award for these meets. Case in point, the folks who came clear from Kalamazoo, MI to share the day with us!! I could not believe it! I'm sorry, I missed ther names, great folks an I have got to hand it to them for their dedication to the hobby!

I hope the weather hangs in there for one last chance in a couple weeks at West Branch!

Rick....Better luck next time!!

Yep, I hurt the 1512 Turbo 3/4 through opening up the field.
Head gasket was on its way out, it had been been giving me some indications of a problem even prior to Julys test plow in Central City. I gave the Crusty 1782 a workout with every cat-0 attachment in the arsenal, it ran awesome.
The 1512 will be back, bigger and badder, LOL.

Registered count was 28 which is up from 19 from BC 1. This was a nice manageable number.
Many thanks to Mike Masheris, Dave Schwandt, and others that supported our efforts, and of course Corey and Tammy for diving head first into this again.
Great food.
It's my pleasure to give back to a hobby that I have met so many genuine hard working people.

Rick B, Corey M -- Well, our hitch pin has been found. It was with our stuff all along...apparently we were blind
facepalm.gif
. Sorry for any inconvenience. I'll post some pics from yesterday a bit later. Again, many thanks!

Rick and Cory...job well done
Steve...great pictures
Interesting that 2 years ago some of the kids that attended BC 1 were tractor operators this time Caleb Stertz and Riley Kasper were both in the seats and did a great job.
This has always been good family time and is a great way to meet good people and make great new friends ..
Thanks to everybody who had a hand in putting on this weekend...
greenthumb.gif

David S.-

I can see that pic will be discussed for about the next 60 years...or more!

Why did she have both legs on the right side??? Am I missing something?...better control for a small body??

Great pics guys. Keep 'em coming!

T Minus 2 minutes until destruction. Me opening the field on the 1512 just before it puked coolant.
299783.jpg

Josh Stertz flanked by Cory (left) and myself (right)
Receiving the First ever one of a kind "Hammer Down" award. I envisioned it as a trophy for someone who pushed their equipment hard for the day. Josh changed the judging. He pushed HIMSELF hard to get there at nearly 1am and run around tirelessly giving his kids the best experience he could. Well deserved! He still had a water park on the agenda for the trip home!
299784.jpg

299785.jpg

The gang enjoying some noon meal, Hawkeye game and good visiting. Credit to Tammy for the pics.

Back