• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Buck Creek Plow Day

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick

just a little over a month away. Can not wait to plow again.

Got the cab off..finally... dual and all the plow stuff back on...lets do this
Shift.gif

I spread the word in Forrest city last weekend and have some flyers going up in Cedar Rapids, Hutchinson, MN and over Rockford way for Ya Rick.

Carolyn is working on a really cool door prize also.

Testing......testing.....1.2.3...
Can anyone hear me? Ok We are back.

Plow day is fast approaching! We made a tour-de-plow site the other week-end. Nice place for the event in my opinion. We will not run out of dirt....that is for sure!
I've got several door prizes collected up.
The girls are planning on having warm food and beverages available with seating in the machine shed.
(So how do I guess how many people anyway???)

My tractors are already there waiting!!

Rick

and the beans are finally getting some nice color to them fall is here. Time to make your plow day wish / check list.

Rick, thank you so much for hosting an Iowa plow event this fall! I can't wait!!!

With the reactions I've had from local folks, nothing like this has EVER been done around here.
"You are going to plow a field with garden tractors?" "I might just have to stop out and see this!" Pretty typical response.

I'm glad to be able to "try" and put something together. I have met more good people messing around with these old tractors and it's an honor to be able to contribute. Besides, who can resist seeing what little tidbits will be for sale!

Corey M. gets the real thanks.
He went waaay out on a limb and volunteered to host on his ground. I would probably would have never asked.
Maybe we can talk him into posting in here someday!

Rick--I'm planning to attend with my nearly refurbished 73 and am very much looking forward to it. Thanks for the great work you're doing!!

THIS......Is gonna be AWESOME!!!!
RICK.......You're THE MAN!!!!

I will have 2 plow rigs there, so if anyone is plow short and wants to try his hand at it, one will be available!

Dave S.

I am working on up-fitting the 169 to a plow rig, no spring assist, will I be able to strong arm it?
It dosn't look to be real heavy.

I will be mounting a 10' brinly

Oh yea so far I got the day off for this event

Jeff, you should be able to. One hint, when you get to the end of a row, back up slightly before trying to lift the plow. This will help remove the weight of the soil from the plow. I use a 10" Brinly (old "straight beam" style) on my Original with no spring assist.

Beans should be out this week!
I am excited to host a no stress hang out-or plow event. I'm hearing that there will be some good junk for sale too!
Kids and grumpy old men all welcome.

We are on the downhill slide now. I'm done running in circles for the most part.
Breakfast burritos served in the AM and then maidrites, chips and pop. Fruit and bottled water available as well.
Monticello Swim team will be offering the food.

A big Thanks to the door prize donors (can't name them here). We will be giving away some nice things, because hey, we are nice people.

Brand New XXaftsman 25cc leaf blower
XXnmore Deluxe BBQ set
Several gift certificates
Lots of T-shirts and hats

Thank You for the supportive e-mails this week.
See you on the plowing field.

We plan on setting up Friday and will be camping onsite in my deluxe mobile headquarters. Final plans will be negotiated 12oz at a time.

Rick

can not wait Nothin like plowin in Iowa in the fall.

a little rain a few days before the event and your good to go.....

Dave,
We'll see what the temps are doing Fri. We'll either hang out in the shed or around a fire.
Bring anything you want to roast...we can always fire up a torch!
Cooler? The new camper has two refrigerators, and yep they are loaded.

Rick,

Looking forward to attending your little get together. Have you had much rain to soften the ground or is it dry and hard ?

Mike

Corey has had a spectacular year in Delaware County. He has had timely rains and has not had drought conditions.
The ground is good and leans towards sandy in places.

Forecasting rain this weekend which should keep things looking good. I'm not going to pretend to be a farmer.....but that's my SWAG.

Rick I am still planning on making Buck Creek my first time plowing.
I am coming from ILL and was planning on going west on 20 thru Dubuque to 310th ave and come in from the north.

Does that sound good

Back