• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Broken front blade, angle cylinder end.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akiszka

displayname
Anthony Kiszka
On my 1512 with an IH 54" front blade with the angle cylinder, I broke the eye/cap off of the blade end of the cylinder. On the end of the cylinder there is an eye which slides over the shaft on the blade. The eye screws onto the end of the cylinder with what looks like a 1/4-20 thread. The threads completly pulled out of them end cap. I looked in the online parts and it didn't show this piece as seperate. I will try to get a picture later today. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks.

Anthony Kiszka
Extenend the cylinder and weld it back .You can weld that if you can keep the heat of welding away from the cylinder seal.Nexy winter I hope to have power angle working on my wide blade.Should be fun!
old.gif

Not sure about welding the cap to the cylinder shaft. The threads on the shaft look to be be in good shape. May try a a heli-coil at first. I just wanted to see if anyone else had run into this. Thanks.

Back