Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Brinly plow

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Vince, I had not heard about you losing suitcase weights. Bummer. ☹

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Steve, I was joking about it being caused by me. I only plowed one or two rounds and that was early on, way before that got crooked. I more than likely have video proof. :D I had my Original out at a plow day a few miles North of my property, Osceola Plow Day put on by some of Art Aytay's students. That was around ten years ago already. I'm usually behind a camera not a steering wheel when at plow days.

It looks like someone may have been stopped and others drove around in this area. I'm going to have to dig out my video of this Spring Tillage Day and have a look to see if I captured anything from this area.

View attachment 143633
1621439222343.png

jkoenig

displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
Planted suitcase weights! LOL. Did they grow?

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
I'll have to go visit this field again, its been over 10 years, there might be lotsa weights growing lol
That property is less than 10 miles from my place and every time I go to my cabin I drive right past it. What does a suitcase weight plant look like?

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
I would expect that they would be green. Do they ripen yellow?

Weight.jpg

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
For what they get for IH 100# and 75# suitcase weights......I'll plant and cultivate 40 acres of them......provided you confirm yours grew!!!!

vthomley

displayname
Vincent Thomley
I found the thread from this, there were only 2 weights lost this day in 2011. hopefully Kraig drives by and sees a field of them growing lol. now my question is where did my other 2 weights disappear to? I had 12, lost 2, currently have 8, hmmm

jkoenig

displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
If you're just gonna lose them anyway, I would sure appreciate it if you sent some my way-some to use, or some to plant. Either way.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
If the weights have a handle like the green one's in the pic above, why not use a small wratchet strap and tie them together?
At least if you lose them you will lose them all. I'll bet you could find them then! :errrr: