• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Brinly planter info needed

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpatterson

displayname
Mike Patterson
Looking to pick people's brain about the 2 hopper Brinly(Cole) Hardy planters..... set up, options, manuals, etc. Likely need Kraig to open up his vault of picture books!
Was able to borrow one tonight that needs some work....been sitting for years. Things are a bit "stuck". The one sprocket is broke, not sure if can weld it or not? How does the fertilizer work on it? I figured there would have a paddle or something in it to metro out fertilizer? There is one plate in it, hopefully it's for corn. I sprayed a lot of it with penetrating oil in Hope's of freezing everything up.
Plan is to plant field corn with it in the spots that flooded out earlier this year. Figured the 982 would knock down less corn than going in with 6 row planter again.
Might be a pipe dream of making it work, but certainly willing to give it a try!
Appreciate any info from any of you cor planting guys.

Looking to pick people's brain about the 2 hopper Brinly(Cole) Hardy planters..... set up, options, manuals, etc. Likely need Kraig to open up his vault of picture books!
Was able to borrow one tonight that needs some work....been sitting for years. Things are a bit "stuck". The one sprocket is broke, not sure if can weld it or not? How does the fertilizer work on it? I figured there would have a paddle or something in it to metro out fertilizer? There is one plate in it, hopefully it's for corn. I sprayed a lot of it with penetrating oil in Hope's of freezing everything up.
Plan is to plant field corn with it in the spots that flooded out earlier this year. Figured the 982 would knock down less corn than going in with 6 row planter again.
Might be a pipe dream of making it work, but certainly willing to give it a try!
Appreciate any info from any of you cor planting guys.
http://www.ccmanuals.info/brinly.html

Thanks Digger.

So its a 305 model I've laid my hands on according to the row marker book - looks exactly the same. Our lost friend Don T (Little Donny Tanner... RIP) had one he was after me to buy at one time when I first got into Cubs - Shoulda done it now that I seen them in person!

Anyone have a 305 Model book like Digger linked for the other models?

Can ya weld these sprockets?

Attachments

• 20220614_055130.jpg
    20220614_055130.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220613_194719.jpg
    20220613_194719.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 0
Yeah its a pretty slick set up - now if only I could convince the owner to sell it to me instead of loaning it to me!
They are a simple unit, not much too them.

Back