• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Briggs And Stratton

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acasteel

displayname
Anthony Casteel
I need to find a starter motor for a friend real soon because his mom did me a big favor.

SO i have to find him a starter motor for a briggs a stratton

Here is all the info i could get off of it

Murry Lawn and Garden tractor
18 H.P. twin 2
moldle #:422707
type:1263 01
Code:9310255a

If anyone could tell me how universal B.&S. parts are that would be good and also were i could find this.

I tryed looking on ebay but i need to norrow it down. If i knew that any B.&S. starter motor goes on any B.&S. engine then i can just pick one up no problem

Ya know what i mean?

+ I dont know jack crap about briggs engines. So this is y i am asking questions

Thanks

Anthony

Well since there is already a Briggs thread I'll post my pics here. I'm replacing a starter for a friend whos plow tractor wont start worth a crap. After seeing what consitutes a starter for them I can see why. Not like the starter isn't close enough to the jug or anything like that.... To make this a real pain you have to remove the flywheel to get to the starter. Check it out. Oh, its an 18hp opposed twin, pretty tight for its age.

111254.jpg

111255.jpg

111256.jpg

Brian
that looks like a pain!!I had two of thoes little tin gray lawn mowers!!both of wich had all the safteys bypassed!by PO.You would think they would make it a bit easier to get to parts that will need replacing.Maybe they thought the starter would last longer than the trector!....All Just kidding! Good job helpin a friend out.

Thanks,

It's an older gentleman from church that only uses it for snow removel. He took it to a general repair shop with a nineteen year old mechanic. Kid started the thing once and said it was ok, not knocking the guy for his age but not much of a mechanic. None of the connections were checked or cleaned, and it fairly apparent that he seen what was involved and said no way. The only hard part was getting the fly wheel off, which I didn't have the tool for to start with. After I got the tool, a little pentrating oil and a big maul and the thing was off. I'm not claiming to be a mechanic either, just asked around for advice and used some common sense. Once the epoxy is dry on the mangnet that fell off the inside of the fly wheel, it should be ready to go back together and try out.

At least the engine stays in the tractor. On late model CC's like the X82 series and later the engine has to come out to replace the starter. I'm really looking forward to that with My 982.

Latest posts

Back