• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Breaking Insane Tire Bead

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Butyl rubber, the primary type of rubber in tires and inner tubes, is not compatible with ATF or any other petroleum-based fluid. Just because your tire hasn't failed yet does not mean the rubber is not damaged.

https://mykin.com/rubber-chemical-resistance-chart
There was a “trick” I heard back in the 1960’s that unscrupulous used car lots and repair shops used to stop engine seals, like crankshaft seals, from leaking. Yep, add some brake fluid to the oil to swell them up.

On a set of 40 year old tires, anything that works, is worth a try.....................not like they aren't pretty well toast anyway. We aren't doing highway driving on them.....................I hope. :unsure:

Nope, only in 20 mph or less. Might be damaging the tires? But it’s a slow process, could be a problem with the tires made today and the cheaper compounds? just my personal experience so don’t try this at home.

I take something like a 2x6 or a 2x8 and place it so that the end of the board is up against the rim and then drive my truck up on the board. I never had one yet that wouldn't break. I have also used my wood splitter and placed a 4x4 or something similar against the wedge but make sure you go against the grain.

I take something like a 2x6 or a 2x8 and place it so that the end of the board is up against the rim and then drive my truck up on the board. I never had one yet that wouldn't break. I have also used my wood splitter and placed a 4x4 or something similar against the wedge but make sure you go against the
Good idea 👍 will have to test drive your idea next time.

Latest posts

Back