• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Brake controller

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

till

displayname
Tedd ILL
I don't remember much discussion on the subject.

I will be needing a brake control for my other hobby. I have been offered a Voyager control for free. I will be towing a 5000 LBS trailer with it.

Should I take it or dig for a different one??

Tedd,

As long as it's set up for 4 brakes, should be OK. This guy said he has thermal problems with his. Some people may not even notice it if there is a problem. For that price, test it and if you aren't happy with it try something else.

If you need a wiring diagram, Southwest Wheel has one on their website with adjusting instructions.

I would buy a Prodogy. However if the Voyager is free........

Tedd-
I've been using an Epco Powerstop since I bought my first pickup. It's from Northern, it doesn't have all the bells & whistles, just adjustments for gain and the rate of application, in addition to the manual button, but for hauling a car it's all I needed.

Attaboy for using trailer brakes, from someone in the "whoa, Iowa's got big hills" area, it's hard to go overkill on trailer brakes as long as you've got the adjustment. This past summer I saw WAY too many folks pulling 5th wheel travel trailers or their twin-V8 Baja boats with NO brakes.

Latest posts

Back