Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Box blade

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
If you post a photo of the box blade we might be able to identify it.

rarseneault

displayname
Ray Arseneault
It looks like it may have some kind of adjustment lever in the middle of it. Would be nice to see a few more pics of this area.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Hmmm, I've not seen one like that before. Interesting.

John Wyrick

Another question concerning the box blade - it does a nice job pulling rocks and leveling dirt on my hilly Ozark lot. My question - I have not used anything with the spring assist on the Brinly hitch. This blade is heavy - would a spring assist help a little? a lot? If so, what is the going rate for one and how many parts are there to one? Thanks again - this hobby is sort of addictive...

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
You have two options, an IH spring assist or a Brinly spring assist. The IH one installs on the left hand side of the tractor and can be installed with out the rear lift. The Brinly assist installs on the right hand side and requires the rear lift. Not sure of the price, like so much of this stuff it can depend on where you are located. I would guess one is going to run you somewhere between $75 if you're really lucky and more likely $100 to $150. But those are a guess.

IH Spring Assist:

9772.jpg

Here's a cut away view of how it installs:

10510.jpg

The Brinly spring assist clamps onto the lift bar for the rear lift. I'll try to find a photo to post. EDIT: Found one:

5408.jpg

John Wyrick

Also - do any of the manuals - i.e. blade installation contain instructions on how the spring assist is installed? Or can anyone post those instructions - for the IH type?

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
I wasn't happy with the photos I had in my archive for the spring assists so I dug out the ones I have in my stash of parts and took photos. I didn't include the nuts and bolts. The IH assist uses a slightly heavier duty spring.

IH Narrow Frame spring assist:

IH_Spring Assist_01.jpg

Brinly spring assist:

Brinly_Spring Assist_01.jpg

IH NF spring assist installation manual:

IH NF Spring Assist Installation Manual_01.jpg

IH NF Spring Assist Installation Manual_02.jpg

Latest posts