• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Box Blade/Scraper blade?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to level the gravel in my driveway. There’s some ruts from all the rain and the wife isn’t happy. What setups do y’all use/suggest?

I use an Agri-Fab box scraper blade on my Original, seems to work OK. A belly blade would be best but they are near impossible to find. They are on sale at Tractor Supply right now, $50 off.

Tractor Supply

Original with Box Blade.jpg

Original with Box Blade2.jpg

How much weight do you use? I have a broken 8000lb winch and mounting plate bolted onto my blade. Works pretty good. Was just thinking there might be a more ideal amount to use.

My brinly box blade works good, has removable teeth to cut the ruts and then you can turn the blade 180° and level it all out with out scooping. I will probably add a little weight once I install my hydraulic lift

Attachments

• 20170503_195534.jpg
    20170503_195534.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 296
  • 20150526_200721.jpg
    20150526_200721.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 255
That looks great. I can’t wait to get one. I went to TSC but they don’t sell them in store so I’ll have to order online. It’s. $179 with free ship to store

I was lucky when I bought my 1650 from the PO. It came with a "Workhorse" #14 FEL kit mounted on it.

The deal also came with a "Gannon Earth-cavator" mounted on the back. The Gannon has a lever on it. You pull the lever and you can can "spin" it to one of three positions 1) a scarifier that has 4 or 5 ripper teeth, 2) a pulled box-scraper position and 3) a pushed box-scraper position. It definitely requires the hydro-lift as it probably weighs in at about 200 -250 lbs.

I had to "load" the rear tires ( 80% filled with used anti-freeze ) for more traction to pull it, especially when ripping hard-pan dirt. That helped somewhat with counter-weighting the FEL because it can lift 500 lbs. I still had to build a detachable weight box for the back when doing anything serious with the FEL

I had never seen such a small Gannon before, it's only about 4' wide. I've got to tell you though, it's the only way to fly if you could ever find one!

I was lucky when I bought my 1650 from the PO. It came with a "Workhorse" #14 FEL kit mounted on it.

The deal also came with a "Gannon Earth-cavator" mounted on the back. The Gannon has a lever on it. You pull the lever and you can can "spin" it to one of three positions 1) a scarifier that has 4 or 5 ripper teeth, 2) a pulled box-scraper position and 3) a pushed box-scraper position. It definitely requires the hydro-lift as it probably weighs in at about 200 -250 lbs.

I had to "load" the rear tires ( 80% filled with used anti-freeze ) for more traction to pull it, especially when ripping hard-pan dirt. That helped somewhat with counter-weighting the FEL because it can lift 500 lbs. I still had to build a detachable weight box for the back when doing anything serious with the FEL

I had never seen such a small Gannon before, it's only about 4' wide. I've got to tell you though, it's the only way to fly if you could ever find one!
I’ll definitely keep an eye out for one.

Latest posts

Back