• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Blunier Plow Day - Roanoke , IL October 24th & 25th, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW this thread is growing fast, it now ranks 5th in the plow section for most post..

I really want to show up for a few hours, but it doesnt look good, work is busy.
rant.gif

Made it through Madtown! We are almost to Janesville. Had to stop of a bathroom break and the load seems to be hanging in there. Our wisconsin taxes aren't going to the roads for sure!!!

291329.jpg

It's good to be on our way!

Got the 73 and 100 loaded up today...and looking forward to kicking up some serious dirt! See y'all tomorrow...
bubbly.gif

If all works out and I can get out of work by midnight I will pull out at about 6am running south on 39, I can stay about two hours, but need to be back to Rockford by noon.

Looks like my wife is letting me use her car and it gets me a couple of extra mph when I need it
whistling.gif

291345.jpg

We arrived here in Roanoke at Bluniers Farm around 2:00pm. We wanted to see the relatively new CAT visitors center in Peoria and so we unhooked the trailer, spoke briefly with Steve who was striking out the field, then we took off for the museum. It was definitely worth the trip. Very informative and two hours certainly wasn't enough time to begin to see everything.

After leaving there and grabbing a quick bite to eat, we got back to the farm, unloaded the tractors and got to work. It was really fun to be turning some rich Illinois soil. The weather is uncharacteristically warm and made for some fun plowing. I'm not sure how many acres we turned under tonight but I'm looking forward tomorrow. I have already appreciated the Bluniers hospitality and I've only just met them!

Have a safe run in guys--The weather and soil is in great condition!
Shift.gif

greenthumb.gif

Hey, I'm at Woodys having breakfast. Where's everybody? Lol.We didn't get to Elpaso till after 7 so will be out bright and early.

Well, I broke a tooth yesterday so rather than driving to plow day I will be sitting in a dentist chair shortly. Hope everyone has a good time and takes lots of pictures.

Wes, sorry to hear about the toothe fairy doing a repo on you. lol

I did make it out there this morning took a bunch of pics that I'll post tomorrow. But it looked to be shaping up to a great day when I left.

Got to meet a bunch new guys.

more tomorrow

Another successful Plow Day!!!!

The Blunier Family would like to thank all who came out to enjoy the day and especially those who donated to Bryan McMeen's family and brought door prizes. Cub Cadet Specialties donated a new high back seat for Bryan's benefit that raised $325 for the cause!!! Thanks are also due Bill Riley from the JD forum for offering up a 2nd prize on Bryan's behalf. There were plenty of door prizes for the crowd to enjoy.

The weather was perfect and the plowing conditions just right......finally a Blunier Plow Day with no rain or mud!

There were ~55 tractors on the parade lap....a sight to see coming down the hill.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves and don't forget to save the 3rd weekend in October 2016 for the next one!!!!!!

Just a quick note to say how much the Stertz family enjoyed the Blunier PD IX! We are spoiled with the amazing weather this year and the good soil conditions. I will have a full write up soon and along with LOTS of pics and videos. Please stay in tune.
Steve--Thank you so much for everything. You have a great family and a neat farm, I'm so glad you shared them with us!

Steve B -- What a wonderful event again this year...my stepdad and I very much enjoyed our time there. A big thanks to you and your family for all you do for making this a fun and memorable event that so many of us in the hobby look forward to. We especially appreciate the help your dad gave us today after losing one of the pins on my sleeve hitch...he had us back in business in no time!

Joshua Stertz -- I enjoyed our brief visit today and thanks for being willing to shoot some video ...I'm looking forward to seeing this!

Steve and the Gang...MANY MANY MANY THANKS for a great day, great crowd, great weather, great plow site, I could go on and on!! Very impressed and well worth the nearly 5 hour drive! Count me in for the next round if the Good Lord is willing!!

The Buck Creek gang had a great time.
Thank you Steve and family for giving us this opportunity.
I hope that the donations to Bryan M's family help them at know that many of us had very deep respect for all he did.
I have never been to a plow day where the quality meet quantity such as this.
The folks that showed up had machines that did a good job and I saw minimum mechanical failures despite TOUGH soil.
To me that reflects that people like Steve Blunier are having a direct positive impact teaching proper plow set-up and the forums are helping guys build some tough little tractors.

I had a blast!

Many thanks to Blunier family for hosting the event. It turned out to be a great day. Steve, thanks again for the use of the wheel. You kept me in the field so I didn't get a chance to take pictures, so guys, please post them.

Steve B.
We (my son and I) had a good time. Thanks go to
you for another good plowday. Hope to do it in 2016! Thanks again.
Richard...

Back