• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Blunier Plow Day - Roanoke , IL October 24th & 25th, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
290630.jpg

290631.jpg

RED = headlands and driving lanes, these are not to be plowed.

GREEN = area in front of registration table reserved for PARADE LAP after lunch. This will be taped/marked off, please don't plow here until we line up for the parade lap. (Big Steve or I will start the line for the parade lap and will try to keep everyone bunched up for good picture opportunities!!!!)

BLACK = Friday night plowing.

BLUE = Open plowing all day Saturday.

The red driveway up the center of the field is necessary for the parade lap and the parade area will allow the most spectators the best view without walking all the way out into the field.

Detailed map.

Orange/Yellow = Off Limits Area. (This includes inside of all of the buildings and any parked farm machinery...for everyone's safety)

JD Green = Truck & trailer parking. Dashed lines indicate traffic route. Additional parking is available at the church.

IH Red = Plow Tractor Parking. Dashed lines indicate traffic pattern and headland driving areas.

Purple = Vendor set up area.

Blue = Display area (custom and or non-plowing tractors)

Dark Green = Food stand, Toilet, and Registration/Door Prize area.

Brown = Plowing field. NOTE: Plowing will be NORTH and SOUTH this year.

General Information:

Main Event 9:00-2:00 Saturday.
Unloading starts ~8:00
Parade Lap: Immediately after lunch.

Thanks Steve,
Maps are good for guys like me that tend to hop in the truck and start driving in a general direction!
Looking forward to the day, Thank You for your preparations thus far!

Dave,
The Buck Creek gang (Corey and myself) are going for both days.
We have a room booked I think at Days Inn.

Beans are cut on the Plow Day field (61 bu/acre).

Now all that's left is praying for good weather!!!

SWEET! That is great news. Just a few more weeks and we can break out in a mighty convoy headed for Bluniers!
Shift.gif

Getting off of work is not going to happen for me
thumbsdown.gif

Maybe I will try to drive down for a couple hours of veiwing

I've got both weekends off but I'm praying for good weather on the first weekend. It has always been one of my family's favorite get together's and were looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Jeff--that is a bummer! If you make it for awhile, you could certainly have some seat time on either of my rigs. It would be great to see you again!

Guys--speaking of machines--whatcha planning to bring down this year? Rick B are you bringing the 128 "plow special" and is Cory bringing his 782? Dave S--the QL's? Just curious who is bringing what. I'm planning to bring my 100 "the Mule" and the 782 "Cubber" if everything comes together...

Counting the days now

Beans down the road made 74 bu/acre, with 65 bu/acre average on whole farm....best beans we have had in years!!!!

Josh,

982 Special/2072 w/2 bottom semi-mount
782 w/12" sleeve
582 w/10" sleeve (need to replace the clutch teaser spring first).....

Allen--wish you could be there! I'll try to document everything with the video and camera. I enjoy doing that and it is a really neat way to share an event with those that aren't able to attend for one reason or another.

Steve--can't wait to see that "Red Power" in action! Are you gonna switch between your three tractors or do you have some other drivers too?

Thanks Josh.

2072 and 2 bottom is my rig, 782 w/12" is my son's ride ("little" Steven is now 13!....he was about that many WEEKS old at PD#1).

582 just needs to be tried out, as I have never had it on a hard pull yet.....and there is always somebody who wants to "try out plowing"........

Steve, wish I could make it too! Seems like PD1 was only a couple of years ago.
old.gif

290802.jpg

Kraig--thanks once again for the "vintage" photo! You always dig out the cool stuff and continue to live up to your title!

Steve--that is a classic! Your son is age wise right between my son Caleb (10) and my cousin Russell (15), both are planning to attend with me. I'm looking forward to meeting you and your family. My family is a farming family going back to the mid 1800's at least. I have three uncles who still cash crop yet today. I'm trying to convince one of them (Roger) to come along with us...

Mike--that 169 looks like a beast and it appears to be doing a great job. How deep are you plowing there? The pics make it look like about 8-10"! I'm guessing Jeff B is gonna like these pics! That is one tough tractor... I'm jealous
drool.gif

I finally got the Mule going yesterday and my uncle had the perfect spot to test it out!
buttrock.gif
. He had just taken off his beans and the soil was perfect for plowing with the little tractors. The temps were right around 60 an it was sunny. The Mule was running really decent and I'm loving the hydraulic lift upgrade (thanks Steve B for encouraging me to do that modification!). I was only able to plow for a couple of hours before I had to leave for another obligation but I was having a blast.

290921.jpg

It really was a great time and I hope the weather and conditions are that good at PD IX! We will start packing by the end of this week...

Steve--I know we are just over a week out but what does the extended forecast look like between now and PD IX? With extra guys coming along, I had to borrow a larger trailer. I got that taken care of and booked our room at the Super 8 in El Paso. See you there Dave S!

So, this week is changing oil and checking fluids/fastners and any other last minute stuff on the tractors. Over the weekend we will start packing gear because next week is going to be full days at work so I can take the long weekend. We are excited up here in east central WI to come down and take part in the Bluniers Plow Day!

Your guess is as good as mine on the weather. We just had almost 2" of rain over the last 3-4 days, so the ground is plenty soft right now.

All,

I don't make "official" weather calls until much later in the game (like Thursday evening) so please remember, if you choose to travel early for Friday night, there is an element of personal responsibility and risk that is beyond my control.

HOPEFULLY, it will be a nice sunny weekend and none of this conversation will even matter!!!

Like I said earlier, your best bet for good weather is quality time in the pew between 10-11:00 on Sunday!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back