• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Big Mower Decks- Opinions???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 60" on my 1872 and love it, but it is missing the stabilizer (#1 in this diagram). I could make it if someone had dimensions available with some pictures....
309713.gif

Scott--I'm working all day and so someone else may beat me to it. If not, when I get home tonight, I can take some pics and measurements for you...email me from my profile please if you get a chance as a reminder
cubwinker.gif

The Haban 374's and 325's are great decks. Have had a few over the years. Don't let go of that 54" though. They arguably the best deck of the era and probably better than the new ones today. Ever see a brand new 374? Never mowed. Never mounted. I have touched it.....
whistling.gif

Put a 60 '' on my 1882. works ok but i have alot of trees that i cant get between like i could with the original 50'' deck. i am currently looking for gator blades for but have not found a perfect match... would grinding a blade down in width cause a bearing failure due to vibration ?

Last edited:
As long as you remove the same from each end, you'll do all right. even one of those cone shaped balancers will help you get a decent job. I use mine at the start of every mowing season when I prep the deck for the upcoming season.

I use a 60 Haban under a 2182. No complaints from me. Keep it greased & clean with sharp blades. I also let the mower wheels just skim the ground. I cut quite a bit of grass. I am also towing a 60" Swisher off set behind tractor. So I'm cutting almost 10' at a time. The 2182 get's a good work out !

Back