• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Bevertail Trailer pros and cons

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubs4lifeofme

They drop down at back . Anyone know the pros and cons of these ? I was thinking about picking up a small one for getting mowers on without the deck catching and bottoming out on regular trailer deck. But now I'm thinking that may be one of the few advantages ?

I have a 5x8 I bought new 20 years ago.. Works great.. Get one with a longer ramp so the angle is not so sharp and your deck doesn't catch.. Also one with 15 inch wheels as they are the same as pickup wheels and tires are cheaper plus you can run LT tires on them..

Have you tried just to mount the ball in reverse on what you have as Gary said. I do that when I haul two large tractors on Mine. Might save more funds for tractors. Just a thought

Cubs, I've hauled easily 75 mowers in the last 5 yrs since changing the ball height I rarely have a problem..It was a learning curve to find out not all decks come up the same...MY (a commercial one) trailer springs are on top of axle. I seriously considered lowering trailer by changing springs to bottom of axle but that has it's own share of "what ifs".....So suggest you try changing ball location first...

Trailer? I've squeezes a few in the truck a few times.

For Sale Pics 3886.jpg

Picture 177.jpg

ebay pics 1348.jpg

The tractros i have are alot bigger machines, the ball is up as far as it can be and still be able to get the tailgate open, just was curious about the beaver tail pros and cons.

They drop down at back . Anyone know the pros and cons of these ? I was thinking about picking up a small one for getting mowers on without the deck catching and bottoming out on regular trailer deck. But now I'm thinking that may be one of the few advantages ?
No ramps pulling in and out trying to line them up to things (wheels) no extra person to guide you up on them so you don't fall off just tilt drive or winch on strap down make sure deck is locked and away ya go good luck

Only issues I've stumbled on is turn onto a road that runs uphill, the back of trailer bottoms out. We have a few railroad crossing that are little hills long Low Boys get hung up in the middle of the trailer and the beaver tails drag their tails

My car hauler is a dovetail and does make it easier to load. Especially if like me going a little bit long on brake shoes lol. Mine is old and and has about a 2 1/2 foot dove it’s a little on the low side and will drag at times.
1809FBD0-82BE-4200-8D9D-50E407D207AC.jpeg

I would like to get a trailer like this..... Casey he several he uses for different tasks, but I really like this one. For Cub use, I might want a bit smaller, but this one is big enough for a vehicle. So that would come in handy as a 1 and done, since I don't have a ton of room to store trailers. This would work for the Cubs, the ZTR and the occasional vehicle I would need to tow.

Here is a view from the other end of the same trailer.

Last edited:
Back