• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

best way to remove decals

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cub1961

going to paint the hood on one of my 100’s and want to get the decals off for eventual replacement. any tricks or just take a wire wheel to it? seems like that may make a gummy mess.

Most any parts store with a paint section will sell an eraser wheel. When I worked as a service tech at a Ford dealer years ago, the detailer used them to remove bumper stickers, and the like off of paint with no damage to the painted surface. Last week when I took my raptor in for an extensive repair, the detail guy was using one! Just chuck it in your cordless drill and let it eat the decal away. A little powdery mess when your done, but it shouldn't take more than 2 minutes to do the decals on a cub.

to answer my own question, a very stiff wire wheel and lots of rpm's peel it right off. then i went over the area with goo-gone. now i just need to decide if i want to spend the money on new ones. i think i will see how my paint job turns out first. primer coat looks good.

I have always used an inspection sticker scraper with a single edge razor blade.. If any adhesive is left just remove it with good solvent...

Back