• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Best loader demintions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfox

displayname
paul fox
I'm starting to get the stuff to put a loader together so went out with a tape and started to take some mesurments. Just wondering what some of yours mesure and what you would change about your loader so I can fix it before hand.I,m thinking 2' on the aft post, 3' on the first porton of the arm and 3' on the 2nd portion also. Also what size cylenders and travel of them are you useing?

Paul, I don't want to discourage you but why do you want to design and build a loader when they are readily available out there. If you want to build it yourself to save money you can get plans from someone like PF Engineering. He has gone through all of the headaches and has worked out all of the bugs.

I like to build things but if I can purchase something that is well designed and reasonable I would be a fool to re-invent the same thing.

I designed and built a Cat 0-3point hitch for a Cub Cadet because there just wasn't anything available that suited me. It took me months and months and many tries before I got what I wanted. I wouldn't want to keep rebuilding a loader until I had something that worked when I know I can purchase one or get plans to build one.

That's just my thoughts.

I see what both of you are saying but I don't like the plans for many reasons. I know that cuming up with my own will be a pain but thats my personalaty, over complacate every thing. I don't think it will be all that bad and this is just something to keep me busy. So is there any thing you guys could tell me to help?

Paul F.

Get ready for a severe headake, I built mine from scrap steel and new componates and it was a lot of trial and error.
The one thing I had going for me is I knew the basic design of a loader and the rest was try, try, try again until it worked out.
Heres a look at the final product, not fancy or pretty but it get the job done.
73789.jpg

Anybody ever built one from loaderplans.com? We all know how Terry Busch loves his cadloader and how well it works. I too am thinking about building a loader for my 129 Dirt Demon project. It will be easier than actually finding a Danco or Johnson Arps unit for a wide frame.

Richard - He has half of one anyway
biggrin.gif

Earl - Am I going to have to explain it to you ?

Paul the best thing I can say about scratch building one is find a few and measure EVERY thing from the frame to the bucket. Try several the arms and frame should be easy enough to weld up but the bucket could be a real chalenge if you want the round back. How are you going to supply the hydrolic system? What model is it going to be built on. Building one from scratch would give you the option if done right to leave the mower on and functional. The frame could also be used to support a home built belly blade. Just a few quick thoughts

I would really suggest getting the plans from Loaderplans.com. They are $55 for the set of plans, which will end up being a very small percentage of the total cost of the project. Even if you don't follow them, the info provided would be invaluable. For instance, he's already figured out the hydraulics, so you don't need to worry about matching pumps and cylinder sizes, etc.

Disclaimer - I have no connection with Loaderplans.com. I haven't bought his plans yet, but I've spent hours looking at the customer gallery on the website, and I think he's done a great job with the design.

Paul,

My Kwik-Way on my 149.

74553.jpg

74554.jpg

74555.jpg

74556.jpg

74557.jpg

74558.jpg

Christopher is 100% correct about Nate's plans, get them even if you don't use them exactly. He includes (I think) a spindle upgrade drawing for free, and his insight is worth the $$$, especially on the hyd. specs., etc.

I'm all for you doing it yourself, but a little mis-calc here or there could be ugly....why not stack the deck and use Nate's plans as a guide.

If I would change my loader I would kill the 1/2" black pipe and run steel tubing and I would use bushings with greaseable pins on all of the joints, not just holes drilled through the tubing.

Well i like my loader and will like it better with new paint and fresh decails.
81058.jpg

Latest posts

Back