• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Bearing Noise

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubs4lifeofme

My newest super has a bad noise in right deck blade bearing, It was really bad when i got it so i greased it and its better, its just an unhealthy noise, any chance if i keep greasing it will come around ?

Cub,the bearing has not gotten better with grease it just muffled the noise of bare metal grating on bare metal..running dry produces flats on rollers or balls that eventually lock up..it could also be the center shaft grinding on bearing race...While you're at it do yourself a favor,if they haven't been replaced in yrs replace them all...

Cub, for me the hardest part is removing and replacing deck...Changing bearings is not a big deal.If your main shafts are ok it should be done easily in a day. Having said that, if you plan 4 hrs it will likely take 12....changing spindles depends on the deck ,if spindles have threads and bolts come from under AND the spindles are alum the odds are good the bolts will break off..if spindles are cast OR bolts go all the way thru to nuts ...then the odds are are in your favor..my op. I would always opt for changing bearings...

I just refreshed the 44C deck for my 782D. It had a bad center bearing, along with a seized tensioner, stretched belt, and bad idler pulley. Everything came apart rather easily, and with some heat persuasion, the tensioner freed up. Those assemblies with the tapered roller bearings are rebuildable, as long as the shaft isn't beat up too bad.

Back