• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Bb36 gear box

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Olsen

IHCC Supporter
I had a set screw come loose on my snow blower and let the shaft slide and gears separate. My question is I have 3 tiller gear boxes and only 2 tillers and was wondering if those bevel gears are the same. Any thoughts would be great. Thank you.

I think tillers and snowblowers use different gear ratios. Good luck with your search. You could always count teeth.

I had a set screw come loose on my snow blower and let the shaft slide and gears separate. My question is I have 3 tiller gear boxes and only 2 tillers and was wondering if those bevel gears are the same. Any thoughts would be great. Thank you.
The gears should work from the tiller to the thrower unless the height of the gears is different. There are 2 styles of gears for both the throwers and tillers. The tiller gear will really spin the thrower though.

Well the tiller gears are the same tooth count but the bigger one is just a touch taller and I can’t tighten the cap or it hits the gear and locks it up. Found a 3 tab gearbox on eBay from bullpen so I’m waiting on that. Only One of my 3 tiller gearboxes is a 3 tab and it goes to my 105 which was my first old cub and still use lot.

This is probably a dumb question but in the bb 36 gear box does the 30 tooth gear go on the input or output shaft. Got some used gears and having some issues putting back together. Thank you.

Back