• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Battery size for a 2086

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
What is the correct battery group for my 2086?
Currently has a defunct car type battery that cannot be the right one because it is a bit too tall and the posts rub on the hood.
What are you guys running in your super Cyclops units?
Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN9737.JPG
    DSCN9737.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 4
Currently has a defunct car type battery that cannot be the right one because it is a bit too tall and the posts rub on the hood.
Thanks!
I've been getting 7+ years in my supers and diesels with this one,
1664295911198.png

That's the same one I use on all my other Cubs as well, with the lug type terminals.
The 2086 uses the post type terminals, not the lug type the L&G batteries use
The group 51 size is even taller than what is in there presently.
Guess I will have to do some more measuring.

Thanks!
Dave I have a 26R 540-amp battery in the 2182 (needs replaced). It is as tall as a 24F car battery but not as wide -- that is the required amperage for the Kubota 3-cylinder and space is limited due to the radiator. I may replace it with a side-terminal car battery, the 26R is pricey.

1664365707228.png

Yeah, I know!
I gotta do something as the one in there now won't hold a charge at all
Have to jump it every time, Hey..It's 8 years old, time for a replacement!
And, I've about had it with the L&G batteries, after about a year or so seems they always leak a bit around the lugs and start corroding everything.

And this little guy came in my recent 2082 purchase. But does the job....Didn't know DURACELL made mower batteries...ha
20220930_114358.jpg

Attachments

• 20220930_114449.jpg
    20220930_114449.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I think you can get Duracell lead-acid at Batteries Plus, or one of the bulb 'n bat tree stores.

Back