• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Bad merchandise

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary mixon

I have a cub cadet 42in enduro series. 60hrs on the meter and the hydrostatic went out no help from Cub Cadet 3mnths out of warranty. Now I will never buy another cub cadet and would warn others about doing the same. I have a LT1000 craftsman 10ths old and no problem except keeping air in tires. Very disappointed with cub cadet. I’m Gary Mixon live in Kennett, Missouri

Sorry to hear that Gary. Things are not made to last now days. China likes to make junk, sell it "cheap," so you will have to buy more quickly.
Look around and find an IH built cub cadet, then you will have something! :bluethumbsup:

I think everybody at the time knew where CC would end up. It was only surprising that they took longer to get there.

The 80's models were actually quite impressive. MTD wasn't a top line outfit, but they tried for a while.

Let's be frank here- MTD was adjusting their product lineup to better meet the financial requirements of their customer base. They cheapened their products to lower the price point to make it more attractive to more of the masses. My 1811 had a list price of over $5000 in 1986, which equates to $13517 in todays dollars. Few would purchase a 2WD garden tractor today, regardless of quality or construction for that money. Obviously, these were a fine piece, and a great percentage of them produced are still in existence, and like mine are actually still used weekly.

It changed when Bill Clinton signed the free trade agreement.
No way we can compete with other countries, when they are paying around 50 cents an hour for labor.

the newer ones are MTD's branded as cub cadet with a little eye bling added , sorry man but your craftsman very possibly is also a MTD made rebranded machine,that's if it's not a rebranded Husqvarna .

i had a 2008 lt1050 sold it with 500 hours on it , the new owner had\s added another 100 so it's really how a machine is used and cared for

sbd is allready cutting corners and cheaping out machines pushing battery power across the board

It changed when Bill Clinton signed the free trade agreement.
No way we can compete with other countries, when they are paying around 50 cents an hour for labor.
Just like Ross Perot said, a giant sucking sound.
It shows the gullibility of the American people to swallow Willie's sales pitch.............nobody bothered to think about how they were going to compete with near slave labor.
Willie also claimed "It is the right of every American to own a home" and they have been making it tougher ever since.

the newer ones are MTD's branded as cub cadet with a little eye bling added , sorry man but your craftsman very possibly is also a MTD made rebranded machine,that's if it's not a rebranded Husqvarna .

i had a 2008 lt1050 sold it with 500 hours on it , the new owner had\s added another 100 so it's really how a machine is used and cared for

sbd is allready cutting corners and cheaping out machines pushing battery power across the board
Craftsman, Poulan and Husqvarna were the same, made by AYG.
Basically there are 2 major players, AYG and MTD (which is now SBD). John Deere makes their own but their box store lines are no better IMO.

And something I've often wondered...had IH survived, what would they be like today?... it's sad to say but perhaps it was for the best that they were forced to bow out while their reputation was held in high regards...🤔

Yeah, like the idea that every household will have an electric vehicle in just a few years. They are already reporting power losses across the country due to the heat. The power companies are saying they are maxed out on power, and want every one to limit their power consumption.
So.........How the crap are they gonna supply more power to charge millions of vehicles???? Uncle Joe never thought of that!!! He reminds me of:

"If I only had a brain."

the-wizard-of-oz-ray-bolger-in-costume-as-the-scarecrow-1939,2620052.jpg copy.jpg
download.jpg

The book gives the impression that Archie McCardell didn't make much of an effort to to fix the problems of IH, he had an impressive track record coming into the job. Maybe the book have an over simplification
The strange thing, Archie refused to talk about his time there in later years.

The amazing thing, despite the problems of the 60's and 70's, they turned out some fabulous stuff, somebody was doing something right.

Latest posts

Back