• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Back up lights/rear floods

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the hydro pump shaft end can use the splined end from a 1782 for example. You need one from a Super GT model

I did my little light deal. I wanted to bury the lights so they are not in harms way and so they are out of the weather. I had these small lights in the air vent grills of my motorcycle they have MR11 halogen bulbs.
After seeing your PICS, I realized that the PO cut a section of the back Fender area. Althiough I don't know why he did it, it let me hang these lights a bit farther to the outside of the tractor.
I was hoping to get light out past where I hange my weights during snow plowing. The one Pics looks like the bulbs are out of whack...The lights were adjusted a bit better after these pics were taken.

Electrically. I tapped off of my rear lights to a switch.
The switch for these lights are mounted on the bracket and can be easily reached while sitting. While I was playing, I added a trailer Connector. Running lights are hooked up to the rear lights and the same switch that turns on my new Floods will turn on the Brakelights on a traler.
These little lights do a very good job at lighting at least 15 feet behind me. that's all I need for Plowing.
282897.jpg

282898.jpg

282899.jpg

Tony

I have a set like that mounted on my ATV for back up lights. Mine have the blue lens and work real nice . I just used a push button switch to turn them on so they would not get left on and drain my battery . I bought my atv in 2001 and it still has the original battery . Now that I said that , it will probably die today . Nice mod and does work great I bet.

Hey Don I havent tackled the drive shaft yet I was waiting to figure out my best plan of attack, how hard was it to change just the shaft in the pump? I am going to try and locate a fine spline pump shaft and change it out from my course shaft, I have picked up a CV shaft from a 1440, I held it in there the other day and i think I will be close on length, I might have to come up with some thin spacers to make up the difference, I will down load some pics when I get a chance it is cold here in NY, I appreaciate everyones help, this is a neat forum.

Randy L. Akins
I t is easy really. I fin spline like a 129,149 ect will work. But you might as well get all the new seals 4 in total .

Home of the Plow Special

do you still have the reverse deck cut out switch? If disconnected you could use that for a ground in the circuit to run a light on in reverse. Just saying lol.
ihrotate.gif

Don-
I don't know if the 2072 still have that switch. I'll have to check the next time I'm in the cub shed.

I'll have to run the power wire through that switch, as the light is grounded through it's mounting bolt.

Back