• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Back in the saddle

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

jstertz

displayname
joshua donald stertz
That is a clean 1812! Did you restore that one too? Please post some pics of your 100 restore!!!

psnider

displayname
Phillip Snider
That is a clean 1812! Did you restore that one too? Please post some pics of your 100 restore!!!
I wish I could take credit for the restoration on this but alas, I can't. An older gentleman in Rabbit Town, Alabama did the work. He did a great job. I've attached some images of the original I'm going to restore. Needless to say, I have my work cut out for me.

Attachments

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
You've started! Kohler makes a manual that will lead you through a rebuild step by step. Even if you just plan to do this once, tools such as ring compressors are relatively cheap to buy. There's literally hundreds (maybe thousands) of combined experience on this site. Hoping you keep us posted on your progress - the "O" is a great place to start! Good luck! :)

mmarion

displayname
michael marion
Don't forget to recondition the cylinder after boring. If not when running, all the crankcase oil will be sucked past piston rings and burn in compression stroke. After a time of running the engine will lock up. Don't depend on machine shop saying it was done! Like another guy posted a few days ago, don't ask me how I know this.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Any idea what the serial number is on that Original?

jstertz

displayname
joshua donald stertz
Well done! Nice find on the deck...I’m looking forward to watching your continuing progress

scfenn

displayname
Scott Fenn
Starting to work on the engine. Yikes, I don't even know where to start.
Psnider, I echo with the other post encouraging you to get a manual, forge ahead and lean on us in this forum to encourage and assist you. I recently completed a restoration on a 104 that took me a year (I still work full time). I had never restored a CC before. It was such a rewarding experience and is so satisfying to operate it around my property now. If I had more room (and $), and I'd do another! So, as long as you have the desire to return this Original to a refurbished state, you can do it!! Keep us posted on your progress...