• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Attn. Carburetor Experts!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpiekarczyk

displayname
Rex Piekarczyk
I've got a Keihin Carb # 24 053 02 17D 1C on an 18hp Kohler Command in a '97 CC 1865.
It wouldn't run below full throttle, so I've got it on the bench for cleaning and a rebuild kit.
When I removed the low speed needle it was completely dry despite having run yesterday.
The problem is that I don't know the fuel flow paths, or which plugs to remove for cleaning as suggested on othe websites. Is there a manual available for this?
Rex
P.S. I'm 60 miles south of Chicago and have snow drifts in my driveway @4 feet deep today. HELP!

Just remove the upper half,note the condition of the small "shaped" o-ring and also pull out the shut-off solenoid. Usually some/all of the small passages where the "shaped" o-ring seal is are plugged(common problem) Blow out with compressed air. Inspect the sealing o-ring for damage. That is about all the work they require.
While you have it off,look at the spring-controlled choke control(under the black plastic cap) These like to "flutter" when cranking the engine over,making for hard starting. You can simply take a small drill,make a pilot hole and insert a small screw to make these positive-acting. This works wonders!!

Thanks James! I've got it apart now, and I did find detailed instructuions for it on the kohlerengines.com site. They have a pdf service manual there.

Back