• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 30, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave C......Ask for 350837R3 gasket. They are readily availible at most IH dealers.

JOHN B. , Charlie - Son's run His pretty much stock '93 Lightning a time or two on the track with a best of 15.08 sec. and 89 & change mph. Traction is ALWAYS a problem with His truck. I think His 60 ft time was 2.02 just because it's tough to get a 4500# truck moving quickly! They had a Lightning Fest in Topeka KS this past weekend. Worlds Fastest Lightning crown went to a truck that ran 8.2X sec. on a half pass. Nice truck but the fastest pass EVER by an L was still Jason Brown's 7.88 about 3 yrs ago. Jason was running a 438 cid Windsor with a T-96 (I think) Turbo. To keep this Cub Legal Travis' turbo on His diesel SGT would fit inside the turbo on that engine! Pretty Fast for a "FARM TRUCK" most people know Nothing about!

HEY GUYS & GALS,

PD6 is right around the corner and we've got some great door prizes lined up but would love to have some more. If anyone you like to donate something or know of someone that would, have them contact Travis or me so we can get things lined up and ready to go. So far we have,

77 Cubs Registered and 15 John Deeres.

Register soon too so Travis can get the food lined up too, he doesn't want to run out!

Plow Day 6 page

Oops. :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 01, 2003)

Jeff R., that tag reminds me of this <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> add:

12533.jpg

Charlie - Travis has how many acres set aside for PD with those types of #'s?? How is the 169 coming along???

Do we have anybody in the Lansing, MI area that could pic up a tractor for me.

Jon

Don V.
I had to move a 109 that had been sitting for several months and it wouldn't start. Found the inlet needle stuck, although the float was moving normally, the inside of the carb was sticky. Tried cleaning with spray carb cleaner but every time the needle was seated it would stick again. I know that the carb was rebuilt within the past year, but the tractor has been sitting.

Don't know if the sticky mess was caused by the stuff they are adding to the gas here in the winter time or a mechanic friend once told me that MMO was good to run in a engine but not to leave in the tank if it was going to sit for any length of time. I had MMO in it and it had been sitting all summer in the heat.

Hi dear Cub lovers!I have a 100 model that was without sealed beams.I recently bought an old 70 that have lights in it so;i took them and installed them on my "new one".When i put the power on : EUREKA !Working properly.I took my tractor outside and after a short while,i put the lights on (Was so proud !)After a second and a half them simply blew out!!!Both of them !So i checked the voltage at the battery.At about 2000 R.P.M the voltage was 17.56 and rising (.58 .60 so on so forth)Can somebody tell me what is the problem?I suspect the control box (voltage regulator)Is it ajustable or do i have to simply buy another one? Please help me (I'm afrais of darkness lol) Thx

Daniel,
The older ones are ajustable. The servace manual covers the ajustment procedure. It should sit around 14 VDC. The newer ones may not be.

Would someone please remind me which Plow Day video includes the footage of Art plowin' a fence or something like that?

I'd like to pick up a copy of one of the plow days and I think that one would be very enjoyable. Art, which one would you recommend?

Found out today that I go on 12 hour shifts next Monday five days a week. Good problem to have, but I can't get any Cub time as it is (was). Guess I'll have to rebuild the engine during lunch breaks.

Bryan- I would check the archives if I knew what technical name it was filed under.

Charlie& and all others> you need to check out the other site's 4-sale page.
There is a deal there that is to good to be true.

Amen on the governor gear replacement and notes, i will definitely check the shaft as well.

don,
that's what i had always thought and was real suprised to see a dry bowl. i'm guessing it was gummed up from sitting so long full of gas.

I have been going through the same thing with Stinky. He sat for 7-8 years. Had to use a screw driver to get the gum out of the bottom of the carb bowl. Have had to clean out the carb three time since. Less junk each time.

in 1993 while restoring a '78 KZ-1000 that sat for a loooong time with gas in the carbs i found a water base product from Yamaha where you mixed it with boiling water and let the carb(s) set in it for a couple days. really bubbled up at first and did a great job on the gum. don't remember the name exactly, just that it came in a black quart bottle.

Hello.
Has anyone tried using a clear coat paint to help protect decals and to give a little extra shine after a restore/refurbish?
I know I can try it on a test piece to see how it interacts with the yellow, but I didn't want to take a chance on ruining a good decal. Just thought maybe someone else tried it.

I also got a pair of hood vibration bumpers from my local Cub Cadet dealer. They too were slit. I have two of the four original bumpers so I can use them to try and match something as close as I can. Good idea using 3/4" heater hose.
My battery box is modified to use a full size car battery. The choke cable hits it a bit due to the long shank at the top of the cable. I have to figure out something there.

I thought I had all four o-rings for the hydraulic ram, but I'm missing one. After that comes in I can finish up the lift and call the 124 project done. (Actually I haven't even started restoring the emplements yet!)
As I keep saying, pictures of the progress soon.

I'm on vacation just before PD6 and would love to come out, but two things. One, it's a looong way out west from NY, and two, I've never plowed before. I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing.

Never made it to OCC this past Sunday. The weekend after next will be the next time I try to make it out there.

Mark

Lyle B. -

Main page (www.ihcubcadet.com/forum) says:

Open Forum Archive

When someone suggests you look in the archives for information from a preceeding post this is where you should look. Archives are active for 60 days from date of original post.

Click on it. Doesn't seem too technical to me...
wink.gif

Back