• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 30, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steven has also figured out how to lay gas pipe in the living room floor.....

12504.jpg

12505.jpg

Medium Steve,
Atta' boy!! Laying some pipe!

All,
A few PD's ago I think it was Wyatt, was test plowing up near C&G after counter hours with a pull type, one bottom plow. Is anyone, or Travis, planning on having a pull plow out at PD?? Would like to see what the 782D has in her, but don't have the 3 pt. hitch yet.

I alway knew that there was something wrong with Art... Vikings?????

BTW, I ordered a part for my Original from Madsons and it turns out to be an Original IH part. I really liked seeing that, and it will be added to my collection.
12508.jpg

Kraig, <font size="+2">Feel free to post pics of Originals any time you want</font> However, I was upset with the idea of cutting an Original to match that picture of the cutaway view.
clown.gif

hello all... I just picked up a 124 and I'm working towards a total rebuild. I'd like to use it to mow my lawn and move dirt around. I've started with the cutting deck. It seemed like a good place to start. I've replaced all the bearings, cutting blades,& idler tension spring,the belts, and the 2 idler pullies in the front the tractor. My next move is to rebuild the motor over the winter. The shop manual gives max dims for service for my K301A. Does anyone out there have experience with pushing beyond these values?

Nate, i just rebuilt a K321, same deal, one frozen, when I moved it by hand it broke the plastic around the pin.

Never seen a frozen gov. like that. did see a oddball deal a couple weekends ago. guy tried to start his kohler . fired off,ran a few seconds , died , would not restart. so he brings it over.It has spark,appears to not be getting fuel. I pull the fuel line off between the fuel pump & carb , hit the starter . all kinds of gas. try ti start it again , no go. took the air cleaner off, took the float bowl off . its empty. hit the starter. no gas coming in. this unit has a fuel pump with a gravity feed tank also. soI kneel down for a good look , thats when I noticed that the inlet needle was stuck into the seat. tap the side of the carb with a wrench. it drop down. hit the starter. got gas now. put it back together & he drove it home. total time 15 minutes, look on guys face priceless.

Tom, the first thing you need to do is turn that little screw on the back of the pump!!!

Tom-
I could see if I could get it to bring over, it was only a single 16. I'm not sure about bringing it though, I'd think it would turn into a line of "I wanna pull too" which might detract from activitees . . . . BUT if you want me to see about arrange a meeting place for you & me to head up to Whitewater, WI to take a try at it, it might be arranged.

Also, for whatever it's worth, those A-C plows and be found once an a while if you watch auction bills for them. Folks don't like buying the ones on rubber, they don't make nice lawn ornaments
happy.gif

To Cmccarty
Tried to send you an email didnt work. I live north of Kokomo. Here in " There aint no real CUB dealers within 40 miles land ".

Mark

Jim,
i think this one has seen better days as well, glad it held together till now.

don,
funny you should mention it, the same thing happened on a JD 140 i bought this spring (temp mowing rig until the 169 is done). it would start and idle nicely, then die. when i pulled the bowl it would be dry, yet just a tickle on the float would open the flow, so instead of idling down after startup i held it at 3/4 throttle for a short time which must have vibrated the needle off the seat (my guess). after about a month of this startup routine the sticking problem was gone. the tractor had been in storage for a year before i bought it.

A long shot- About a month ago someone posted a PIC take at a rally. Shot of all the models of manufactured CC lined up in two rows. Anyone happen to download and could repost?

Notes on governor gears - the older style assembly uses roll pins to anchor the flyweights into the nylon gear. Newer assemblies use rivets instead of roll pins. It would seem that the roll pin puts high radial stress in the plastic and, over time, fractures it. A rivet on the other hand, would not. It appears that this is why roll pins are no longer used.

I think it's worthwhile to spend the $12.00 and always install the newer style gear on a rebuild.

Lyle B. -

Have you ever thought about looking/searching thru the archives that we have here? There's really no sense is reposting the pics and wasting disk space if they're already somewhere else on this site.

Additional notes on Governor gears.....

It seems that there is also an update kit for the K-341 engines...new shaft, bushing, etc. Seems like quite a few of the 16hp engines ended up with really loose and sloppy gov. shafts...really makes them swing the rpms if they are worn.

Here are some pics of the Original that I am refurbishing. This is all that's left of it for now. The next plan will be to re-assemble, then the 10hp will be rebuilt and installed. Aftr that, I want to get the 123 to do some real work.
12512.jpg

12513.jpg

12514.jpg

Jeff R. the more parts you buy the more of those tags you'll get. surpriseingly theres alot of them out there yet . in MTD's inventory & dealers left over inventory. I bought 3 NOS NLA dash's for a 128 , I'll be picking them up this weekend. I'd guess they'll have those tags on.

I have to agree with David K. on the gov. gear replacement. 15 years ago you rarely ever heard of a failure. it seams over the last 3 or 4 years theres more gov failures. looks like nothing lasts forever. $12 is pretty cheap insurence.

Steve B. any time you got Scoop working for you . the job is always easier. Bob the builder has it made with all that equipment that runs it self

Nate , that was the first time I saw it that it wouldn't let gas in. they seam to always want to let gas in

Art:
I'm still here. The job and the kids are consuming my Cub time. I occasionally have to work more than I like so that I can keep sh*tting those $100 bills Johnny B likes so much. :eek:)

I had hoped for some Cub time last night but it didn't work out. Maybe this weekend I can get the anchor back together and running.

TTFN,
Keith

hey guys,picked up a 127 with a 36" blower and 42" deck on the weekend.it needs some paint and a wiring harness but otherwise looks pretty good.the harness was pretty rotten.
i am going to change the hydro oil and was wondering if anyone had the part number for the rear cover gasket on the hydro.the case ih dealer around here doesn't seem too helpful with parts unless it is a farm tractor.
i saw a post about the * that is at the end of the serial number but never saw what it meant,anyone know?
thanks, dave

Back