• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 29, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig...Thanks for the Push mower photos. Wasn't sure what I had. It started at the auction so I bid. Got it home...took out oil plug, Looked like TAR. Mowed with it next day.
Thanls again,
Dean

Nothin in the lot but I did find in a service Bulletin, a mention of adding a 1 5/8" wheel spacer from Kwik Way when adding a backhoe attachment, dated Oct. 23, 1978 from the Marketing planning manager of the Outdoor Power Products Division.

BTW Kraig,
The wife says I read those service bulletin manuals way to much, but I did learn somethin today on Crank Case Ventilation problems I didn't know.
21907.jpg

21908.jpg

21909.jpg

DAVID - it gets complicated to desribe what parts of the clutch turn & what doesn't with the engine running.... If Your driveshaft doesn't turn with the engine running & clutch disengaged Your good to go, and disreguard the clutch. ROLAND- Red paint on the inside of all of IH's castings is a sealer.... mostly so IH could store raw unmachined castings OUTSIDE, but also so sand & debris from the molds didn't flake off & tear up bearings, seals, gears, etc. It's typically done in VERY HIGH QUALITY Machines! Don't know what, where, or how much welding You had done but I wouldn't worry about repainting what was ground off & burned off, especially if it's above the oil level. If You had a good competent welder do the repair it shouldn't leak. If it leaks, use a good red oxide primer paint and paint the inside surface with a couple real heavy coats after the surface has been cleaned with solvent REAL good.

Charlie, Jim K., 1978 would be near the end of the Quiet Line series. June 1980 was the end of the Quiet Line series and July 1980 was the start of the 82 series.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 01, 2004)

Rolland
Seems I read that coating is called Glyptall (sp) I believe, and If memory serves me right, is a product developed GE, but I may be wrong. The military used it in a number of applications.

Thanks, Matt! I had heard of an 86 before, but didn't know exactly what it was, and I'm not very familiar with the 82 series, so I didn't know the 582 was gear drive. I'm about to get more familiar with the 82 series, though, as I'm heading out in a few minutes to pick up my first one, a 782 with a 50" deck.

With only something like 521 hours left to go, is there any thoughts on a breakfast meeting at the Iron Skillet?? IIRC Bryan picked up the tab last time, but I heard he kept the tip money.
wink.gif

Roland B/Paul B -

You can buy glyptal from Eastwood - they sell it for sealing lifter valleys and such.

Tedd -

If you got enough to buy us a drive, you got enough to buy breakfast this time
lol.gif

I'm in...

I'm out...too far outta'da way

Anyone looking for a pre Plow Day or a Tune Up to Plow Day? IHC Chapter #7 is having their Annual Tillage Day on October 9. Tillage day is being held at Gatewood Farms in Noblesville, Ind. Plowing starts at 9 AM.
Farm is just off I-69, exit 10-Watch for signs.
If you need anymore information contact Marty Thieme at 317-776-0619.

Digger, Thanks for posting that info on the Kohler crankcase ventilation. I went out and checked a K301 I'm rebuilding for my 2nd cc122 and both holes were fine!
beerchug.gif

Also checked a quietline block I have and it was fine too.

I thought plowday was going to be on the last Saturday of October. Glad you guys are posting the hours for me! Man! Only 3 wks to go!
happy.gif

(Message edited by jlang on October 01, 2004)

Speaking of gear drives...there was also a 1806 by CCC/MTD...18hp Kohler Magnum, 3 spd + creeper.

Bryan,
I saw the lock, but I guess I assumed it meant
you couldn't post, not that you couldn't view it.
I only check locked car doors if they're mine and shouldn't be locked. (like when the keys are in the igniton ;-).
This is just a suggestion,
but you could put an "under construction" message or something like that on the topic so idiots like me know what's going on. :)

(Message edited by tmarkle on October 01, 2004)

<font size="+2">PLOW DAY INFO</font>

As always, we will be having door prizes. I have several lined up already, but if you have something you would like to donate to the cause, please email me (see profile for email).

The beans have been cut and we are getting some rain to help soften things up some......looks like it'll be another fun event.

REMEMBER TO REGISTER at the Plow Day Website http://home.mchsi.com/~digger/PD8/plowday8.html

Art,

I've got the literaturte that confirms it...1806 = 18hp mag, 3 speed w/creeper!!!!

Talk about a LOW PRODUCTION item!!!!!

Looks just like a 1210 or 1810.

Back