• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 27, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken, (others)where did IH touch control fluid come into this line. My loader book calls for this fluid and it was deemed that HY-TRAN was the same or close.
149 seems to run better every day. How long is the break in time suppose to be on the kohlors? Still a touch of blue in the exaust.
Doug, the pullers are the ones to ask on this one. You are going to have to quit driving that loader to Brooks!

Jerry B.

Touch Control is the predecessor to Hy-Tran....

i was talking with the mechanic at my cub dealer. He says some guys will put a notch in one of the tranny parts to let the detent ball sink in a little deeper. Result doesnt pop out of gear. This sound safe?

Matt-
Could you drop me an email? I'm trying to contact you, but I keep getting a returned message...

I think I found what I'm going to put on the side of Foxtrot...
your_image.gif

I like this new International logo....

MATT - Since most of these old gear drive Cub Cadets have been shifted into & out of gear about 10 million times while trimming around things when mowing it stands to reason the notches in the shift rails could be worn down a little, and the springs could be weak. Be interesting to know what the expected design life was from the original design crew..... Suppose any of the eight people would have guessed 40+ years?

Art,
I said that about matts address 2 weeks ago when he wanted pics of something, Guess he dint want'um to bad.

Tedd, I assume you are not going to put "OOPS I GOOFED!" on the side of Foxtrot.......

Thank you Kraig for trying, I'm still trying to find a good shot of it. Maybe I need to stalk my kids buses to get one.
wink.gif

Art,
It's done with that special plastic stuff on traiding cards. :p

OK, brain trust...

On the 149 I'm "cleaning" up, I have the decal set and there is one for the dash. The dash tin is worn out. Do I just put the new dacal over the tin or put it right on the fiberglass dash?? I'm sure it can be done ether way, but what is the experance of the crowed here???

Got the Twister back together and in the garden to get ready for Plowday also just about done with the PlowMaster
21857.jpg
21858.jpg
21859.jpg
21860.jpg
21861.jpg

Hey Mike...

That's one mean-lookin' plowin' machine! How well does the dual-plug head work for 'ya... have 'ya done any performance testing?

Wish I could have this Diesel project done for the upcoming plow-day, but it's gonna be a while... mebbie next spring... perhaps next fall...

Hey Everybody!

Did some more work on Loader-Mutt the last few days, getting the loader bracket finished-up, and fitting up the steering rams. Don't have time to explain all the photos, but I'll post a few, you'll get the general idea...

21863.jpg

21864.jpg

21865.jpg

21866.jpg

21867.jpg

21868.jpg

Mike-

Nice looking 582! That's obviously not the Briggs still in there. What did you replace it with? Did you retain the rest of the original driveline, and if so what did you have to do to make it all "match up"? I'm exploring re-powering options for my 582 but I need something that doesn't involve alot of custom fabrication work. Oh, yeah, would still need to be able to use the PTO for the mower deck. Thanks!

Mike,

Sweet 82's!!
drool.gif

BTW I was out at Houtz last night and he has 4, count em 4, 1872's lined up on his used lot. Just about fell over, if I only had the money......
sad.gif

I believe that Mike dropped a K341 (16hp) motor in the 582. Used a motor carriage from a 1282, and probably a custom length driveshaft.

Why replace your Briggs 16hp twin? I have a 582, and it runs pretty good. I am impressed at how much power it does have.

Latest posts

Back