• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 26, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it could possibly run off of the hydro pump still? Very interesting!

As I said, it's a WAG, need more pics... it's just there's no visible steering, CV joints, linkage, etc. Maybe it just goes in a straight line?

Good day to all of you, I am new to this site, thank you for accepting me. I have had my 125 for about 10 years, I used it mostly for hauling landscape trailers around and added a correct IH front blade a couple of years ago for snow and dirt/gravel work. I have never had it torn apart until this weekend, my issue is the old stuck pressure relief valves stuck, I have never been able to move it without the engine running under it's own poser and it has been getting worse losing power and speed while backing up so I finally decided to tear into it. I was able to get the valves moving again with PB blaster but they continue to stick and not return up most of the time. I have the fluid out and valves out with the rear end up on a work bench and still cannot get the tires to rotate both going the same direction, if I turn one the other goes in the opposite direction. I have not seen anyone discuss this, is there an issue in the pump or is it normal to not allow the gears to turn in the pump if attempting to rotate both tires at the same time in the same direction? the parking brake works and I have tried putting it in reverse and forward, parking brake in and out, still nothing. I would appreciate any input and perhaps help with who I can trust to rebuild them.
326823.jpg

Charlie: Looking at Mike's website brought up a question I've asked before.. Has anyone ever come up with a method for rehabbing the Ross steering sector worm gear.? As everyone has had happen, they wear at the center, so if you try to adjust the follower pin to close up the gap, it'll bind on the end of travel.. I'm wondering if it could be spray welded and ground or something similar..
1a_scratchhead.gif

Joe M. Charlie is correct. I bought a repaired pair for my 982 #2 last fall. They work great!

Welcome, Joe M.
happy.gif
I'm willing to bet that if you have a little patience with those valves that they'll come back to life. You can work them up and down (back and forth?) by using something like the plastic tube from a (WD40)spray can to help push them "up", while you've got them out. If they're leaking - that's a different story. It's natural for the rear wheels to turn in opposite directions when jacked up. Good luck! The 125 is a fine machine!
happy.gif

Frank A, thank you, I did free them up but they keep sticking, I had them soaking in PB blaster for 12 hours and no change, up, down even turning them. I will look into the re-manufactured ones.
On the rear tires not being able to move with the valves out, I am puzzled why the wheels won't freewheel with the valves out and no fluid. Since I have never been able to get it to freewheel perhaps the new valves will correct that. The gears are in really good condition, no metal in the fluid and almost no backlash. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Back