• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 26, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memorgan

displayname
Mick morgan
Charlie...is that capitol punishment for outlaw cubs...
bottom.gif

Hydro, Charlie hides his <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Scouts behind that wood pile.

263074.jpg

HYDRO - Charlie piles his wood that high because he has the equipment to do so, and move it safely.

Those logs all look about 8 ft long, just the width of a flatbed semi-trailer. I suspect some more cutting & splitting will be required before Charlie burns it. Charlie's got a couple of those bolt-on spiral screw type log splitters for use on his CC's.

The logs are long enough for fence posts, but some are too big in diameter and some too small, and a couple look too crooked to be good posts. I forget what variety of wood Charlie said he got, but years ago HEDGE trees made the best posts, they grew slow, was very hard and resistant to rot, and incidently, when burned they put out about the same BTU/Ton as good charcoal or even good hard coal.

Kraig, Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - as usual your photo sure clears things up. I can see now those are really logs and not fence posts.

Dennis - you know, Charlie could still use them for fence posts. He might be wantin' to keep out some unwanted visitors like he had last year. Fortunately he had the right tool to take care of that one. As I really it was wearing a black fury coat and had claws about 4" long - dang.

HARRY - A fence won't keep "visitors" out if they really want in, but a bigger caliber rifle helps.
Shotgun.gif

Been little bears sited within 40 miles of our place... much closer up by Paul R's. They are NOT nice neighbors. I walked into an office at work 5-6 yrs ago and a guy who lived WAY up "Nort" almost to the UP of Michigan was talking about the bear they had visit them several times. They can be persistant!

Denny, two weeks ago my wife had to wait for a black bear to finish crossing the road before she could get to our driveway. It was crossing from our property to the river bluff. It was only about 50 feet from our driveway. We have had several bear in the area over the years. In 2002 I had one try to get my bird feeder. I took a bunch of photos of that one.

263077.jpg

Sure wish I could make it to a plow day this year. I guess I'm just going to have my own mini plow day in the garden again.

263078.jpg

I'll stick to the raccons and possums that we have here.......if a .22 Win Mag won't deal with it, I don't need it around!!!

If I saw that thing at my bird feeder I sure wouldn't be thrilled about heading out to the shed to get a tractor at night!!!!

Steve, we've had Cougars (aka Mountain Lion) in the yard as well. My wife used to work nights she used to see all sorts of wildlife in the yard. She saw the Cougar jump from the yard into the driveway around 1:00 in the morning. That was back when I was building an addition onto the house and there was a bunch of sand in the driveway. It left nice prints in the soft sand.

263080.jpg

263081.jpg

Not very similar to the tire tracks left by my Original.

263082.jpg

Shultzie, nice cab! Are you missing parts or did you just snap the photo in mid mount? Is that your reflection I see in the garage?

Do you guys think this lift pin is to wolowed out to use on the 169 plow set up?

263106.jpg

You are correct,
bash.gif

now to come up with the correct pin OR can I drill a new cotter pin hole?

Hey hydro guys...when making trunion repair do I weld the new slot (got from Charlie) onto existing or use a template to repair existing?

Jeff, Dave is correct pin is for tiller

Charlie, Kraig, Bryan, keep up the good work and thank you!

Ray,

I believe that you cut the old one out ad weld the new one in its place....

Harry: Work on the heat shield has been interrupted by a death in the family. I also have to figure out how to procure the metal and the tooling to produce the piece.

As far as the gold ruling the forum, my point and perspective is that a "forum" on the Greek model is a place and space provided to the public for the free expression of ideas. Those with the gold didn't own the ideas, they owned the space. Charlie is free to open or close the forum; he owns the servers. The issue is "moderating" the discussion that takes place in this space. Charlie's post on the page after the "wait for it" message (since erased) stated that he felt he had failed. I'm not sure why he felt that way, I need to call him. None-the-less, administering this "free" space is very taxing according to everyone who has ever done it. All I'm saying is that if the job is more than one man can handle perhaps we ought to investigate how everyone can "give him a hand" so-to-speak. Athens, as I recall, was ruled by a council which was responsible for guarding public morals (the justification they gave for condemning Socrates to death was that he was corrupting the youth of the city). Perhaps we ought to elect a council to help administer the forum and take the burden off Charlie. Just a thought.

I made a sleeve hitch tow hook for my 100 that I have on display at Cub-Arama in Fredericktown MO.

Works great!
proud.gif

263116.jpg

Back