• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 24, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave K2 & Brad- Putting PS on a 782D is not like putting PS on a 149 or other gas tractor.

The 782D motor protrudes back farther than a gas motor. The frame support that the steering column bolts to must be relocated farther back.

Ryan- Yeah, there's quite a bit different,but there's room in that pedestal to mount a steering valve... and room underneath to tuck a cylinder or two...

How's that ankle doin, Gimp? Gonna make PD?

Thanks for all the info guys . Just made a phone call to a friend of mine and got an 1862 with a blown motor.

Keith-
Pound the lever back on, then pry it up again. Repeat as necessary.......

Sometimes the downward "shock" of pounding it on loosens things up.

A nice weekend at the Lake County Farm Heritage show. Got to visit with Tom H and his brother yesterday and with Jeff E today. Talked to many folks who are at the very least lurkers here, and hopefully some folks that will sign up here.

Forgot the camera yesterday, so hopefully Tom has some pics of his and his brothers stuff.

Jeff's 149 (love those wideframes):

21811.jpg

Here's a 71 with an amazing paint job - pictures don't do it justice. Let's just say that there's a certain quality when you get the body shop at the BMW/Mercedes/Jag dealer that you work for to paint it for ya. He also brought a very nice 268 snowthrower and a really cute trailer:

21812.jpg

Did a couple passes with the 100 and Jiffy sickle this afternoon - seemed to attract a few onlookers.

One thing that was mentioned yesterday was a kind of "spreader" that appeared on the Jacobsen walk-behind version of this sickle that would disperse the cut grass to the sides rather than let it pile up on top. Anyone seen/got a picture of one?

Art -

BTW, I asked Tom's opinion at the show - the "red" wire in the new wiring harness on my 100 is decidedly "pink" as opposed to the definitely red one in my NOS Original harness. OK, maybe it's closer to mauve, but it surely isn't red.

Had a great time at the show today.

This mower is a gophers worst nightmare...
21816.jpg

Now _thats_ golf course material. :)
21815.jpg

Went to the IH Chapter#2 Plow Day today. Ms, Hs, a real nice W9 and even a 706. We held our own with the 122 and 1000 in the HARDEST ground I've ever plowed. Lots of folks asked questions and some took pictures. I think more people are starting to get it. Missed you Tom.

Glen,
Gotta' be careful how you say "Missed you", it doesn't look too good. The Mrs. and I went north of the cheddar curtain to find more IH trinkest and paperwork. I did OK. (even the the Mrs. trained to seek out IH stuff)

Bryan,
I forgot my camera in the truck all day yesterday. I was drooling over Allan Smith's Caterpillar 60. Had a hard time steering the Cat at the parade with all the "joysticks" (if you know what I mean
eek.gif
) Who is the owner of the 71?

(Message edited by thoffman on September 26, 2004)

(Message edited by thoffman on September 26, 2004)

I was at a swap meet today and saw a SUPER nice IH "Cub" skidsteer,I think the model was 4120. It had the 16 hp Kohler in it and it was NICE!! Guy wanted 3,500.00,which was more than I had but it was cool to actually see one in person.

My 149 will leak hyd fluid at front end when at room temperature. Will not leak until it cools down. Approx. 1 drop in 2 minutes. Strange? Smith

Ok, next battle. With a 149/44" deck I am looking at the pull lever on the mule drive. The arm pulls out and latches for belt tension. Is this arm suppose to have a long bend in it bck to where it goes onto the pulley bolt??? Have looked at the parts books and it appears to be a straight. Am replacing thte 1/2 inch rod that the pulley arms run on. Anyone got a top view picture of the carrage????

Kevin,

Did you say 4120......I have the literature on all of the 80's vintage IH skid steer's....

21819.jpg

21820.jpg

21821.jpg

(Message edited by sblunier on September 26, 2004)

Jerry B.

Wrong plan man.....the belt adjustment guide is only an indicator of the correct belt tension (provided by a coil spring on the QA cross shaft. There are 2 small "V" notches at a bigger square notch closer to the handle. Get the nut on the left side drawn up until the indicator is between the two small "v's" for propper belt tension. The other notch is for removing the belt. Push it in and lock it on the front of the mule drive to release belt tension for speedy deck removal.

The bent part should stick out of the front of the mule drive...

Steve-
That muffler on that skid-steer certainly is interesting. I wonder what they sounded like. That may be a neat upgrade!

Steve, thanks for the reply, Could see that the outside 90 degree bend is needed but is the whole bracket just one simple bend that goes outside the front plate? mine has a long sweeping bow that could have happened by driving the whole lever back if you ran into somthing doun low. Bolt hole almost lines up with outer edge of bent over"handle" part. All of the bow is "inside" of the mount unit.

Jerry,

They do have a slight bend to them......it's to correct for the angled mule drive pulleys on the 44" deck subframe. On the 44" and 50" decks the drive pulley is offset to the left, so the mule drive pulleys are also angled to the left to keep the belt running straight.

The angle "inside" the mule drive should only be 5 or 10 deg. .....Not much.

Back