• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 22, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
I took a few minutes to turn the world RED this afternoon!!!

245352.jpg

245353.jpg

245354.jpg

Jeremiah,
Both tractors have Carlisle Tru-Power rear tires, the 70's are 6x12, the 100's are 23-8.50x12

Gerry Ide, Sorry I will try and get you a pic soon. To be honest it never occured to me, it just looks like 3 X's under there.

Steve,

That is a nicely built and well made implement. You paid a great deal of attention to detail.

Harry/Tom,
If you were to take and spot weld the U shaped bracket onto another flat bar you could probably spread the hood force over 3 bolt holes (see my crude PC paint skletch). And yes, I could use one of these.

245357.jpg

Paul...... Both of them look great! I'd be proud to have em.Hopefully my 100 turns out good. I kow its taking me long enough to get where I'm at now,not even close to being done.

I'm not too conserned about the bolts pulling out, I'm not planning on throwing the hood open all the time anyhow.

Dennis,
Would like to see a few action shots of that tandem dump trailer behind the 982, bet that is pretty sweet to work with!

Steve,
Great progress on the plow, you going to have it finished in time for your plow day you were planning on trying it out at? Certainly a huge improvement in the tire department on the plow, really was hoping you were not sticking with the wheel barrow tires on that plow! That would have taken away from it I think.

Started to remove some parts off the 100 yesterday to get them replaced with the new ones that arrived on Thursday. Thank you Charlie! Do have a question or two. My points cover has a little push button coming out of it - what is the purpose of that? Also, anyone know the best place to buy a new screw that holds the points cover on? Mine only has one of the two screws there.
angry.gif
Picked up some Kleen Flow carb cleaner in the 4 gallon jug, WOW that stuff isn't cheap! Going to break down the carb later today after work and put it in to soak before replacing some parts on it. Anything that CAN NOT go into the cleaning solution that I should be aware of?

1a_scratchhead.gif

Mike-

The little button on the points cover is a "kill" or ground button.

Mike,
Nothing special about the point cover screw, just go to the local hardware store for it.

Brian B.
No. the 8.50's use a 7" wide wheel, the 10.50 use an 8-1/2" wheel. The 982's used a 8-1/2" wide wheel for the 26-12x12's to make the tire "taller" but the wheels have a different off-set than the 10.50 wheels. Yes, I know what the TC-157 paper parts manuals say, but the manual is incorrect (depending on which model you are looking at. That is not the only mistake you will find in them.

Tom Hoffman

I like to use allen head because the screw does not fall off trying to get the screw in just above the frame. No correct but easier !
old.gif

Look here:

245390.jpg

245391.jpg

I was approached on Friday about the chance to buy one of my "lawn mowers". I said I'd think about it and was asked not to think too long. This morning I went and talked to the guy and told him I could sell Penny for $750. He hasn't come over, suppose I scared him off with the price?
happy.gif

Frank - sounds more than fair to me. You don't have to look hard to see the value in a real tractor, and I see alot of extra items on Penny that are expensive to add (new seat, tri-rib front tires, rear ag tires, IH wheel weights). You might have to show him and/or eplain the differences between a "Lawn Mower Tractor" and a real "Garden Tractor".

Back