• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 20, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob N. I put an extra set of blades on my 782. I believe they came from a Gravely, the offset is almost perfect. I had to bore the center hole to 3/4" and shorten them about a 1/4". The whole experiment was about $45.00 plus a couple hours of work. I have mowed about 15 hours with them and am still satisfied with performance. They put clippings out close to 6' without the baffle installed. So far the spindle bearings haven't objected and the old belts are still working.

David : Let me be the first....

worthless.gif

I often thought about doing that on the 129's deck for "brush hogging"..

TOM - You're lucky your "chasing the combine" in bean fields. From what I'm reading on other forums you don't have to unload the grain hopper on combines much in corn. One guy posted a week ago he got eight bushel of corn off 17 acres. LOT of corn only going 15 to 50-60 bushel/acre. Some places the yield monitor shows over 100-150 then in 100-200 feet shows Nothing!

Got the big brother to my 70 done finally, just in time to load it Tuesday for Cub-Arama. This 100 has a 12hp replacement engine, a creeper, and hydraulic unit. I've done better, but this one is about a 10 footer, old eyes are not what they used to be.
245332.jpg

245333.jpg

245334.jpg

Wondering about the correct IH white for a 42" spring trip blade...901, 902, or either? I'm deciding whether to paint mine... my dad's aunt and uncle generously offered theirs to me a few weeks ago. It had been nearly forgotten in their barn near Reinbeck IA since the mid '60s. Apparently their son used it with their 122 at that time te move manure for a brief period when he was about 10. It's in good condition, though, and doesn't appear to have been used much at all ...what a great find!

Paul-
Nice work! The front tires on your 100 look a little different than the 70's, what brand are they?

Hydraulic lift hoses for narrow frame hydraulic lift; is everyone just reusing the 1/4" low pressure hoses? The two that I have, the hoses are so dry rotted, new hoses are in order. If I were to make new hoses, the Parker ends have a much longer crimp, which causes the short hose to be able to flex less. Has anyone found an alternative? The closest thing to OEM-looking is grease gun hoses, but they have 1/8" threads. Any ideas?

Wyatt,
The front tires on the 70 are 4.00x8 Transmaster, the ones on the 100 are 4.00x8 Deestones. I like the looks of GBC brand, or the Transmasters, don't really like the Deestones, they look too big to me, but anymore you pretty much have to take what the tire man has at the time, even Miller Tire list those sizes as various mfg. The Deestones in 3.50x8 look better IMO.

The hoses on this pump were made by a friend that has a farm tractor repair shop, and are 1/4" double wire w/NPTM fittings on both ends, but are a bit stiff. They are made about 2" longer than the stock 9" and 14" hoses because of the stiffness and the long ends. Surpluscenter.com has some single wire premade hoses in 1/4" (and other) sizes w/the NPFM ends that are shorter, but the overall length's are longer 12" and 18".
245338.jpg

Paul Bell: Since you took the picture from at least 10 feet away, they look equally good to me; they are both very "pretty." I would love to inspect each of them up close and personal.

<font size="-2">I know what you mean about "old eyes" --I'm focusing more on things "not of this world" lately; but quality of workmanship transcends current practice and has universal appeal --keep on truckin'!</font>

Edit: FWIW I like the REAR tires on the 100 better than the ones on the 70 --they look a little beefier.

I took a few minutes to turn the world RED this afternoon!!!

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

Latest posts

Back