• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 20, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JCL,
My dad's late model Cub Cadet already has that. You have to flip a switch or something to be able to mow in reverse. It also has cruise control since it has the hydro control as a foot pedal. I don't care for it. I like my 1450 or 127 much better.

John,
All mowers have to have the no mow in reverse switch. Blame the Govt and lawayers not the manufactures. Also blame people that don't keep their kids in the house when they are mowing. There have been many kids backed over and hurt badly or killed by mowers without the switch.

well, my bad. i never thought about kids when mowing. i've made myself clear that when i cut grass that my daughter is not anywhere near me. if they can cut grass forward and not in reverse, than they have NO business behind the tractor. and thats my opinion. but...at least i can agree to disagree.

I am all for a 50th anniversary lawn tractor that has the 108-169 style front end . No round fronts, A little old style with modern features.

I'm in favor of the 100. But it needs a nice commercial 20-25 HP engine, a live rear PTO that can run some usefull attachments, and a 4WD option. Might as well add a hydraulic power angle front blade, and a two stage snow blower.

I'll vote with Mike B.
113341.jpg

I'm kinda partial to the prototype IH turbine Hydro tractor. (See Kraig's picture in the IH Cub Cadet's Larger Relatives section under Rare Hydro.. He posted it on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 08:31 a.m.) Futuristic looking little fella at that.

I'm more than willing to compromise. How about "Mustang Sally"?
ihrotate.gif
logo has to stay.
113354.jpg

113355.jpg

4 years until the next Presidential Election. What else do we have to vote on? Let's hope MTD (?) is watching!
biggrin.gif

Does MTD have the tooling to remanufacture a 100?

if they left the
ihrotate.gif
logo wouldn't they need permission from case to use it?
and I'm sorry but if you can't successfully mow grass in reverse then you probably shouldn't be allowed to drive a tractor or car for that matter let alone have custody of a child!
explotar2jr.gif

i dont mean to insualt anyone just my POV.

MATT - That's been discussed over at RPM's forum, ownership of the "IH" logo, I think FIAT actually owns it now. They actually own what used to be Case/IH, now known as Case/New Holland which includes all the old IH ag business. NAVISTAR International had to come up with their own logo, the square diamond shape with the "Squiggly Road" trademark about 20-24 yrs ago.

Interesting FACT....Fiat also owns Ferrari, and two years ago at the Canadian and US Formula 1 Gran Prix the Ferrari cars displayed the CASE/IH logo proudly on the top front of the nose of the cars.

I agree with You on the "No cut in reverse" situation, but that law has been in effect for MANY years and isn't going away any time soon if ever.

GREG P. - I would assume a great deal of the old tooling still exists to make a new CC 100. IH didn't invest a great deal of money into tooling to begin with since they figured the market was only 20,000 tractors per year, then ended up making half a MILLION in 18 years, or about TEN times as many as they predicted. So most of the parts to duplicate the frame and other structural components of a 100 would be cheap with today's laser & CNC press brake technology.
The patterns & core boxes for the frt axles, rearends, and all the forgings for the gears & shafts in the transmission could get expensive. I guess MTD could farm all those parts out to Midwest Super Cub. They don;t seem to have a problem supplying ANYTHING for CC's!

Greg P: Go take a look at a new Cub Cadet 2500 series.. Cast Iron front axle, Hydrostatic transmission, Cast Iron rear end....Then imagine that 100 look sheet metal on that chassis ... Aaaaammmazzzzing!!

Myron B

remember a few years ago when Ford turned 100 years old? They actualy dug up "old Henery's" blue prints and built 4 or 5 brand new model "T's" from scratch. I think it would be cool to see MTD do the same thing, maybe build some new Originals, then fit in all the leagel stuff to make them safe to rafle off, or use as door prizes. Heck they could even sell them if they wanted to.

Jason,

I think that would be cool as well and even better would be to build enough of them so each Cub Cadet dealer could have one on the showroom floor. Another alternative would be for MTD to buy a bunch of Originals and set up a production line to refurish/restore each back to original specs.
They could even bring back some of the old advertising mottos with some modifications like "Cub Cadet is for Keeps!!!" - 50 years and still going! Find a box store special that can do that?

If MTD did a new production run they could maybe build them as 1961-63 models and possibly by-pass many of the new safety requirements though a few of them wouldn't be bad to incorporate. Just some thoughts.

RON - I've been involved at a couple companies I've worked for with "Rebuilding" programs. It's NEVER a good idea for an OEM to "Rebuild" their product. A "Rebuild" always ends up costing more than building new from scratch just because of the extra labor to tear down & clean the few parts they end up using....all the inspection time used to try to salvage components that just get scrapped anyhow.

I don't really think there's ANY way around the new safety requirements. Remember, Our Elected Officials passed Those laws to Protect US from Ourselves.

I do agree that a couple hundred SPECIAL 50th Ann. tractors need to be built. Something which resembles the OLD tractors, regardless of what model they chose. Not one of these new bug-eyed creations they sell now.

If they built an Original today, they'd have to put some 24hp motor in it like all of the other "lawn mowers" of today... It wouldn't have any torque and an old 38" deck would most likely bog it down in tall grass.

I hate the new bug eyed monsters... I'm sure it's about better visability, but they just look like poop to me.

Dennis I was at C & G in Brooklyn yesterday talking with Ken Updike and wanting to buy 2009 IHCC Red Power Roundup show tractor(IH 460 utility w/ loader ,windbreaker,rear tire chains, and rear blade ).But they won't be in for awhile. Anyhow my buddy & I checked out the new model Cub's; we agree with U, they need go in a different direction as far as styling is concerned.

Paul R.
The next time you talk to ole Ken.
Ask him if they ever plan on paying the $3,000.00 to Bob Necker that they have owed him for more than 10 years!!!!!!!

Charlie P I didn't receive any commission on that $3k deal, so I pass on any further negotiation or arm twisting to the parties involved ; since my better judgment is to stand mute. And furthermore, I would be a messenger for a deal that I have no knowledge of. Guy's, boy am I ever curious what the 50th anniversary Cub Cadet will look like!

Ken L
I agree they would probibly not have half the power of a true Original if they put a "fancy" new fule sipper of a motor on the "new" original.
Then again, this would be a great chance to show the "O's" true potential. Maybe they could stick a nice oil burnner on it?
Just my .02

Latest posts

Back