• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 20, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcmeen

displayname
Bryan D. McMeen, Keeper of the Holy Hy-Tran
Don V. -

Ah, you poor têtes de fromage
lol.gif

Can't pick on Chicago today, so you have to resort to Jeff and Art
roflol.gif

O.k. So has anyone ever put together an assembly list of any sort for the most simple way to reconstruct a cub 122 from the ground up. Like an order for putting it back together. I have a way to go before i can even think of putting it back together but just for fun thought id ask.

Thanks Kraig and Tim for the 104 light switch photos. I have one without lights but am looking at buying my neighbors 104 with lights and I am used to the WF switch location.

Thanks again, Dean

Matt S. -

Um, assembly is the reverse of disassembly?
lol.gif

BTW, you DID take pictures and notes, didn't you?

Boy I sure feel sorry for some of You Guys who have to deal with some of Your local CC parts suppliers! I was going to leave work early Friday and stop at My local dealer & pickup a coil, ign. points & condensor but didn't get away in time. I know I could have gotten them from ANY of Our Sponsors but I was going to be gone all day Saturday and needed the coil for Sunday. I got to the Folk's place early enough Sat. I stopped into His local CC dealer. I even had IHC part numbers with Me. After being asked if I had the engine model, spec. number & serial number I knew I was in trouble! After 15 minutes of fumbling around a computer & old parts books the Guy told Me He didn't have the coil and had NEVER sold a set of points for a K-series Kohler. I went to the Simplicity dealer down the street two blocks and had My parts and was on My way in about 5 more minutes....

Bob, nice find! What else was on that rack of parts and bolts?

Art, nice collection!!!!! <font size="-2">From the background of the "Beer please!" photo of Steve on the Plow Special, hello Art!</font> :eek:)

Tim D., thanks for the light switch photos. I was waaaaaay to busy this weekend to take photos.

Donnie, I think you got a good deal! That starter/generator on the seat if in good working condition is worth the $50 by itself. From the looks of the fuel tank I'd say it's a model 70. Also looks like that chassis has the earlier large battery box. Well done!!! Looks like it has an after market steering wheel though.

Richard, sorry to see your old girl let you down. :eek:(

Matt, Matt, Matt, I know you have manuals so you should be OK for getting your 122 back together.

Denny, yikes! He said he never sold a set of K series points? He should have had a bunch in stock then.......... :eek:p

KRAIG - I was Scared by then and just wanted to leave but The Guy knows Dad so I couldn't be rude. Dad told Me later that the "Offical CC Dealer" now is the local Blain's Farm & Fleet. And THAT scared Me even more! Dad bought His first two brand new CC's in this town, They used to have TWO IH dealerships for a while, plus an Allis dealer, Minnie-Mo dealer, and a Deer Dealer. Now if Wal-Mart doesn't have it forget it!

Dennis, Just grin and bear it. Be glad there was somewhere else to go. Out west you could be in for a day's drive to find a cub dealer that gives a damn. OR we could all go and raid Bob's new bolt bin!!!!!!
Art, any luck with an original to put back into the box you have? That would be too much!!

Notes, ha your crazy, who needs notes. No i took some down. But I was more or less wondering if someone has come up with a "set way" of reassembly these things have a few different ways they can go back together.

For the record i'm sitting in school right now during a teacher assistant period with full access to the web. School isnt so bad afer all when you can get your cub questions answered right from your desk.

i am trying to post a picture of my 782. It is a JPG pic. I downsized it and cropped it and saved it so it's smaller but i cannot get it less than 395K. How the heck do you get these pics compressed enough to post? Other forums' limits do not even affect me if i make the pics 640x480 they are just fine. HELP!!
Thanks,
Eric

Eric, send me the photo I'll resize it for you. Email address is in my profile.

Denny-
Your story about the your cub dealer reminds me of the time I went into my local dealer to get something small for my 71. There was a new (and very cocky) younger guy behind the counter who argued with me for about 5 minutes, saying that ALL Cub Cadet model number were 4-digit numbers, so if I didn't have the tractor's correct model number he couldn't help me. I was trying to convince him that a 71 was in fact a REAL Cub when the manager walks in and asks what the problem was.

When the kid told him what was going on, he says. "This is Art, he knows those damn little tractors better than you or I ever will, so when he tells you the model number, just look up the damn part and order it for him. If you don't like that, then find another job!"

At that point I sensed that this kid wasn't quite "cutting the mustard". Needless to say, he was gone by week's end when I went in to pick up the part...
happy.gif

Hey Everybody!

I've been back-and-forth to Virginia for these last six-seven weeks or so... haven't gotten much of anything done besides teach classes, but I did snag THESE:

21652.jpg

21653.jpg

...Should be a fun winter!!!

(Message edited by dkamp on September 20, 2004)

Thanks to Kraig for resizing the pic. Lets try that again...
My 1980 Cub 782 with Duro 26x12x12 lugs on back and Titan 16x6.50x12 lugs on front. $152 for all of those tires brand new (I didn't do too bad eh?) Got the tractor in trade for about $250 worth of mowings to a customer of mine who had the tractor. It has a brand new carburetor with it on the original 17hp Kohler twin. All good running/working shape, hydro drive with dual hydraulic levers and the auxillary hydro line on front. Didn't do too bad eh? LOL....

21655.jpg

(Message edited by ecanady on September 20, 2004)

Nice job Eric! You'll be surprised how well those hubcaps will clean up with 0000 steel wool and some WD-40. I have a pair on my 149 that came off of a 582. They were so rusty you couldn't see any chrome and they look fine now.

I also replaced the seat for $35 got a new one (it does say Crapsman though) the old one was trashed. Replaced the fuel gauge cap combo for $15 and added a steering spinner knob for $6.
Add in some tire mounting cost, and for about $475 ya got a heck of a nice work tractor with all new tires. This winter hopefully i can get it stripped down and fix any leaks and such (but it is all nice and tight) and get it painted. I will be plowing snow with it in some driveways this winter so gotta hurry! May not get it painted before this winter.
Art i hope to get to that soon.

(Message edited by ecanady on September 20, 2004)

I have a question on the QA-42A/B blower. I saw a discussion on Aug 27th about the upper links need to be curved for a 682. I have a 682 with a blower that has the straight links and to me it works just fine. What is the reason for the curved links?

Back