• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 17, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Rob N., food plots!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
That does look like it would be a good implement for that.
thumbsup.gif

Todd H. as mentioned, double check the points gap.. .020 if closed for too long (too small a gap) may cause overheating. Also, check voltage output of generator, if the regulator went south (excessive moisture/condensation) you could have over 15 volts on the coil. Just a thought.

Naw - everyone's out inventorying their grinders.
Dennis - if ya gotta grind it, turn up the heat!!!
lazerburn.gif

Just saying hello. I will be getting a 124 in exchange for my carpentry labor soon. It is in pretty good shape just needing a belt and better seat and a good cleanup. I'll probably restore it to some extent this winter. It has a plow, 42" cutting deck,wheel weights,chains, lights and it sounded good when he started it up. He used to own a lawnmower repair business and owns a few of these-some are like new. I'm sure I'll be asking questions when I get it. I ordered a CD for service and owners manual but I don't have it yet.I'll post some pics when I get it. Thanks to Kmcconaughey for answering a question for me although I was in the wrong forum.

I found a Cub Cadet Original, serial # 5264. But is missing the hood and the whole grill, motor starts and runs fine. I can get it for $125.You guys think it would be a good buy . Thanks

Robert Avellar

I just want you to know this is the very first step in a long spiraling downfall!! It's big yellor & white money pit. Now on the up side it will keep you out of trouble, can be very rewarding in what you accomplish. Many people not not understand what they are getting into, it sounds like you got a nice cub in great shape, to me that is a much better starting point than one you know will need lots of work, because it seems the ones in great shape need a lot of work, and the ones that looks like they need work need a tremendous amount of work (overwhelming ?) Post some pictures when you get it, I'm on my first one "restoring/reworking/enjoying" I also got my son, and my daddy involved in the yellow & white fever.

Cletus
GET IT!
and when you do, post some pics because
worthless.gif

I log onto the forum and find another Todd H! First, welcome! I see you are getting great advise on your 147 running issue. I have a 147 myself awaiting some work(winter refurb).

Cletus, a 4 digit Original for $125!? I'd say, yes buy it.

Pretty much a day full of cub stuff here. I brought a set of ATV style ramps to load the 102 into the truck for the run up to Arcadia, but I ran out of traction as soon as the whole tractor was on the ramps. A risky move even if it worked, so I decided to go to Plan B. I mounted a battery powered electric winch to the underside of the tool box on the truck, and was able to pull it up without damaging either the tool box or the tractor. With gravity working with me, unloading was a lot easier
happy.gif

After running around the show for a while, I put the 102 to bed for the night and went home and did some more work on the 129. I've pretty much got the hydraulic components in, but as I operate the lift lever, it also lifts the tube on the steering box, because the control valve mounts to the steering column. Other than a new steering box, what's the best way to keep the darn thing in place?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Tod H check for a good ground on the condenser and be sure it is hooked to the - side of the coil. The ground was the problem i had on a 147 and a 1250.

Here are a couple of shots showing the work so far on the 129 hydraulic lift. Got most of the hard stuff done, but still gotta figure out how to keep the steering column in place
1a_scratchhead.gif

169497.jpg

169498.jpg

Bruce, I believe the way most guys fix the loose steering column tube is by CAREFULLY drilling 2 or 3 holes through the cast part and then installing SHORT self tapping sheet metal screws. Also a little JB Weld (<font size="-2">sorry KENtucky</font>) to help hold the tube in place. I know Denny and Art have both done a similar fix, hopefully one or the other or both will pop in and give better details on their fix.

Bruce, kraig,

I had success by simply swapping the tube end for end. The tube fits very tight in the steering box, while the old lower end was crimped enough to fit a radial bearing to support the upper end on the shaft... win-win... HTH

Scott....That's a simple fix I've never even thought about. I'll have to file that in the back of my head <font size="-2">where my voices play </font>for future use.
thumbsup.gif

Hey guys been awhile since i have posted. just wanted to spread the word tha I am working on my own website with some pics and information about my cubs. There is also a smaller version of a forum on there. just trying to spread the word to get some members beside my family. You can also post things for sale or thing you want.
www.ihcubcollector.webs.com is the website. Just drop by check it out leave comments or suggestions. Appreciate any visits at all. Thanks in Advance

Latest posts

Back