• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 17, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why John . How dare you ? ! ? !

The list price is more than that ! ! ! ! !

<center>
21635.jpg
</center>

happy.gif
Well, Things were kind of quiet you know, nothing ventured nothing gained!
wink.gif
happy.gif

Think about all that other stuff you got!
happy.gif

You lucky dog!
happy.gif

(Message edited by jlang on September 19, 2004)

Wow! How do B&B do that? Nobody else here will know what I'm talking about so I'll go to bed now.

Bob N.-Wowza.Wowza.Wowza. Next Saturday is skeet,ain't it?
lol.gif

Hello guys:
I have a 129 hydro and I have had it for two summers. I haven't written much because I have not had to do any work on it but I have read most of the postings. What a source of information.
First a I want to comment on the instructions on how to remove the steering wheel. I tried a 3 jaw puller with no success and then I tried the old knee and bolt edea. It took three hits and off it came. Thanks for that one.
I have a 42 inch snow blower for the CC but have never had it on yet. This is the year for that.
Does anyone have one on their 129 if so, how does it handle the snow?
Also do you have a hydraulic lift on it? I can't lift it off of the ground with the hand lift.
I love the plowing picture that shows all of the CC going down the field. Great picture
Earl
Burnsville, MN

John, sounds great. When and where? I don’t have a plow that even comes close to fitting this tractor. I am 17 so I can’t sink a ton of money into this hobby. I’d go just to hang out and visit and look at tractors, if it’s not too far.

Bob- aw man what a deal!!!!!! Those are gorgeous!!!!! Wow…… you lucky dawg… Do they really retail for only $34.95? Where at?

Thanks Digger. Oh, i see, since other makes are welcome, i could bring my old Bush Hog. Got a little plow for it. Any use for a disk? I guess i could put that behind the 782....

Oh yeah, my uncle is giving me two rear wheel weights off of a combine, I will find a way to make them mount on the back of the tractor. They are at least 130 some pounds each, if not more i cannot remember. that should add good balast. i will come up with something for the front too.

Earl-
The 129 will handle the snow just fine. Just make sure the inside of the snowblower's chute is not rusted. If it is, give it a quick coat of fresh paint. Don't worry about behind the auger, just the inside of the chute.

As far as lifting is concerned, you can add used parts to make your 129 a Hyd. Lift, but it will be easier (and cheaper) to get a wideframe spring assist for it and continue to use the manual lift.

Slap on some tire chains, rear wheel weights, and pray for snow!
happy.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on September 19, 2004)

Eric-
They're no longer available....except to Charlie.
happy.gif

I finally completed my collection dreams this last week so I thought I'd take a picture for everyone. Picked up Original #8514 to complete a 7hp quintet
21641.jpg

This would be every model 7hp Cub Cadet Garden Tractor that <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> built.

Now, I guess it's time to start looking for the 10hp models....
biggrin.gif

Bob, well depending on what source, the $27.50 may have been an even better deal for you.
lol.gif
biggrin.gif

21643.jpg

21644.jpg

Good find though Bob!!

Hey Everybody!

Well, it's been nutzo here... back and forth to Virginia, and 17-hour workdays for the last five weeks, only home for Saturdays, and as a result, I've got essentially NO cubbin' done, except for takin' Nick for a ride every Saturday afternoon.

Anyway, looking at the schedule, it appears that I WILL be able to be at Fall PD, so bring your baseball bats, and I'll bring a helmet and pads for when 'yall beat on me. In the meantime, I need to make another sleeve hitch adapter and drawbar plate, 'cause I traded mine off to young Matt G for some Loader-Mutt parts. Mebbie.... just mebbie I'll have a finished and operational Loader-Mutt to show, tell, and let 'yall take it for a test-run... we'll see how fast I can get it done. :)

Art, that is a sweet collection of 7hp. AWESOME! If you start on the 10hp, then you will want to get all the 12's. After all those, the thought, "well I might as well go to the 14hp too!" After all those, you might as well get the last two 16hp!!! So then you will end up with all 31 models of Cub Cadets <font size="-2">(excluding the 82 series and the 1100)</font>. Then you will find out that you need more room so another add on will come about... Then don't forget the wild hair one day to restore all 31 tractors... Assuming that you'd spend 1000 on each tractor to restore, that would be a meger 31K. So for fun:
Purchase Price of all Cubs: $15,500
Cost of addition to Cub storage: $10,000
Cost of restoration of all Cubs: $31,000
Having every model of IH Cub Cadet: PRICELESS

lol.gif

Matt S.- Don't worry about the 122 costing more to maintain than your girlfriend. When she becomes your wife, that'll change radically!!!!

Matt:
Here's an illistration to prove Dave Kamp's point...

Jeff-
Mind if I copy and paste that last post of yours into an email to my wife??? I like the way you think!

roflol.gif

David,

On your "ping".

Cam endplay will cause a knock on acceleration...I had a 16hp with .019" endplay in the cam that sounded like it was gonna come apart every time I hit the throttle hard.

The other BIG thing to check.....does your front PTO have the anti-rattle springs installed on the slack side of the clutch disk fingers????? A worn PTO clutch disk will often slap the drive cup on acceleration and "rough" Kohler idling causing what sounds just like a ping or engine knock....does it go away under a PTO load????? CHECK THE CONDITION OF YOUR PTO FIRST, or REMOVE IT...........it's one of the most common mis-diagnosis of an idle at knock...ESPECIALLY on a fresh rebuild.

(Message edited by sblunier on September 19, 2004)

I have a red 782 and was wondering if I could put on a rear pto, brakes and the 3 pt hitch like the 982 has?

It would be cheeper to get a 982 than get all the parts.#1 782 is too short in length and not tall enough.The hydro would have to be changed to a splined pump and external rearend for the brakes.Just find a used 982 .

(Message edited by mmasheris on September 20, 2004)

Jeffs quote "great minds think a like" were you in band to? or do you wear a kilt? inquiring minds would like to know

Back