• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 16, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luther-
I agree, that would make a neat old cub-hauler. I didn't realize the hoods on those models opened that way.

Kinda makes you wonder "why" they did it that way? I would think that would make a spark-plug change on a V-8 engine something more "interesting" than a hood that opens in the normal direction.
dunno.gif

Art,

Pretty sure they open from either side or two people can remove them by releasing both latches. Also, They didn't know what a V8 was in that time frame. Only straight 6's for IH then.

The R series is one of best looking IH trucks out there.

John-
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize that about those trucks.

I saw Terry's pic of that red truck when he posted it the first time, and thought it was a custom job. Then when Luther posted his picture I figured that's how they were set up.

The things you learn on this forum never cease to amaze me.......
blush.gif

213864.jpg

I guess you could haul cub cadets with this if you had a year to get there.
213865.jpg

213866.jpg

Ahhh...pipe dreams...they don't cost much but you just have to "pony up" and get one!! Like mine, it is IH, it is a V-8 and it does haul Cub Cadets around the country side towing 'em on that IH Model 2000 Dealer Trailer!!
wave.gif

Myron B
213954.jpg

Dennis F: You got that right. Mine is one notch down..a 1210 3/4 ton w a 304 2whd. I enjoy the looks and comments I get when tooling around the area. Not a daily driver, but I use it for all sorts of hauling jobs. He did in fact "pony-up" and buy it, so now if "gilligan" just has some Cub Cadets to haul...
roflol.gif

Myron B

MYRON - I check up on Binder Bulletin every once & a while. Lots of IH truck/Scout people are exploring the world of CC's, old Farmall's, etc.

Think I've emntioned before, My Folks had an IH chect-type freezer for years when I was a kid. I have an early 50's vintage IH fridge in my shop for oil/filter storage. It probably would have still worked except I cut the power cord to the compressor motor, but the light inside still works!

I haven't figured out what I'd do with a SOLAR turbine if I ever bought one. Maybe some day I'll find an IH tractor/loader/backhoe, or skid-steer, etc.

It was kinda neat back when I was a kid how many IH trucks were used by livestock or equipment, or other trucking co's, construction co's. Two of our closest neighbors even had IHC pickups. I spent MANY MANY hours bouncing around in CO-190's & later, Emeryville semi-tractors as a kid.

Dennis F: My dad always had an IH pick-up in the drive from about 1948 on . He made a career out of installing Air Brakes on commercial trucks of the 40's,50, & 60's. I'll bet he installed them on about a gazillion IH's. He also bought a new 124 Cub Cadet. One of my brother's got it while I was stationed overseas and later sold it ..Grrrr!!)which was my intro to Cub Cadets -- waaaay back. In my collecting, in addtion to the Cub Cadet fleet, I also have a 1965 Model 800 Scout and a 1979 Scout II (both driveable and street legal), a 154 Lowboy, and a 3200A Skid Steer with a Fork and a Bucket. Yeah, I keep an eye on the Red Power & other IH forums also. They are "Binders" after all !!...

Myron B

This entire post was on a Jeep-Forum that I check into from time to time....

"Found this on Mike's Free Jeep News now this morning:

""I've received a couple of unconfirmed reports this morning that a Wrangler-based 1-ton pickup has been confirmed at a "Dealers Principles" meeting. The vehicle is said to come with a turbo diesel engine and go on sale during calendar year 2011.""

Jeep If you can't figure out we want this Truck you need to fire your entire market research staff and buy a laptop. Hang out at a coffee shop and surf the dozens and dozens of forums where loyal Jeepers have been pining for a truck for years!...

KP"

If any of this comes true, expect to see a collection of Cub Cadets for sale to pay for one.
biggrin.gif

ART - I would suspect that Jeep would have the B-6.7L Cummins engine.

Be nice to have an additional choice for a real 1-ton truck besides the FMC, GM, or Dodge.

I call dibs on the Plow Special... Not that I could afford it, as I'd also be trying to find the funds to get my own Jeep pickup.
214089.gif

Art, good! Then I won't have to save up for two purchases.
happy.gif

Getting my wheels done on the cub cadet hauler. Very rusty chrome so i am cleaning them.Pictures of finished wheels later.
216674.jpg

216675.jpg

Jerry M.
It was bought for parts, but when I got there, it was in better shape than the one I was planning on fixing up.
So it's gonna get fixed up instead, LOL
I paid a whopping $305.00 for it. Brought it home, put jumper cables on it, dropped some gas down the carb and it fired off.
Here's a couple pics before I unloaded it.
217641.jpg

217642.jpg

Charlie,

The pre-'76 Scout IIs seem to have better steel in them for some reason. I've had several for parts that had rust in all the problem areas, but it didn't seem to spread through the entire panels like it did on the later trucks.

On the subject of Jeep trucks... My rust free Comanche got hit and totalled on the day before Thanksgiving. I don't think I want anything based on a JK. Way to many functions are controlled by the ECM. Maybe introduction of the new Jeep pickup will bring down the price on used Brutes.

Jerry

Number one son came over this morning with his 2000 F250 , I couldn't convince him to put a trailer hitch on the rear.But We replaced the rear springs(F350 single rear spec). Should be able to tow at least 10,000# trailer full of Cubs with that 7.3L Turbo. Maybe a class lV hitch next visit...Now he can fill the aluminum utility box with his tools, electrical supplies, & even a sleeping bag if needed...
Shift.gif

PAUL - I searched a LOT about 4 yrs ago for the receiver for my '96 F250. I just had a small class 3 bolt-on receiver tube bolted onto my Class 5 DMI bumper which was fine for small trailers, up to 5000-6000# gross trailer weight, but I was hauling Dad's old M home and needed something good for 10,000 to 12,000#.

I ended up with a PUTNAM XDR specially made for my 10" drop bumper. You compare it to all the Reese, Draw-Tite, whatever brand, and it's at least as good as anything else and cheaper. I called a local dealer around here and the guy said he did recommend using better hardware than the stuff supplied with the hitch. The XDR is also rated higher than most other class 5 hitches, it's 1500# tongue, & 1600# tongue with weight dist. hitch, 15,000# trailer & 16,000# trailer with W/D.

Shop around on the internet, LOTS of deals to be had. I also got a forged solid 2" sqr drawbar & 2-5/16" forged ball from a place around Chicago, and a Prodigy brake controller.

When we hauled the M to it's new "home", We took pic's of my truck, trailer, & the M sitting on a scale after we loaded eveything up and "axled" the weights out. I wanted to know how much weight I had on each axle & set of tires. Gross weight without SON & I in the truck was just over 17,000#, so with SON & I in the truck full of fuel we'd have been around 17,500#. And with my manual 5-spd & 3.55 gears, FMC only rated my truck for 16,000# GCWR. My trk is pure stock, no chip, downpipe, I even took the K&N A/F out 175,000 miles ago! The I-80 entrance ramp I got on to go east-bound was ALL uphill for the first half mile with a new third lane to build up speed. I actually had to slow down to 65 to merge into a convoy of semi's at the top of the hill. I'll admit I was using some "uncharted territory" in the truck's engine computer for RPM, Load, & boost mapping but I was really impressed with the old Girl's performance.

Back