• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 14, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason
The brakes move nicely, its just that one side is sitting at 90 and the other side is sitting at 45, i have a drawing to see if it makes sense. we tried to remove the spiral pin, but it stuck. unless it went in one way and must come out the way it came in?
309109.png

Attachments

• 309109.png
    309109.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 309109.png
    309109.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 127
Ok I'm following you,,,

Sounds like the roll Pin is Broken in one of the arms,,,,
They should BOTH be consistent with each other!!!!

Maybe if you could get the Entire Brake Pivot out you could Inspect it, and the arms more throughly to figure out the broken spiral pin situation "possibly"
thumbsup.gif

Under Edit:

Hey by the way,,, CooL Diagram you created, Explained the situation Perfectly!!!!
happy.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 105
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 110
They Don't have to come out same way,,,

Just which ever way you can get'em out!!!
And the same advice as the pin on lift arm from a few days ago,,,,

Sometimes they can be a real pain!!!

If Pin is Broken you should be able to TWIST the arm off cuz the arm w/ broken pin actually has nothing holding it on,,,, except some rust and crud maybe!!!!!

Jason
Ok, that make me wonder, 1 cm on each side. There is roll pin sticking out. I wonder if its broken inside and can grab it off. or did they just put long pins in this?

A Previous Owner could have put a Longer Pin in, that's Possible,,,

So I see now,,, you don't know which one is Broken???

Well if one arm is Beyond 90 degrees more toward the rear axle then That's The one w/ broken Pin!!!!

And YES you are Correct, You have to "Grab" it out cuz you wouldn't be able to Drive it through because it's not lined up w/ Hole in pivot anymore!!!!

If it's Not lined up w/ hole in pivot it "Should" twist off!!!!
Try and work it back and forth to get it moving with PB Blaster or Kroil,,,,

Actually you do want to try to figure out what way the pin was installed and then drive it out the opposite direction with a brass drift rod until it is flush, then use the appropriate pin punch. If a steel punch or hammer was used to install it, the end that was hammered on is likely peened over a bit and will be harder to force all the way through the hole.

Thanks Matt, Very good advice,,,,,

Also this is the orientation of arms in relationship to the Big Center Brake Lever Maxed out travel both Directions,,,,,

309113.jpg

309114.jpg

Attachments

• 309113.jpg
    309113.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 108
  • 309114.jpg
    309114.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 309113.jpg
    309113.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 112
  • 309114.jpg
    309114.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 118
John Mitchell, if you have to / want to toss snow as deep as this the a creeper is basically a requirement.
309121.jpg

But it's do-able also by only using as much of the thrower as needed to keep it loaded so it throws the snow efficiently. Same principal as running a bulldozer. You can bring the biggest cat dozer to a stop digging in the earth. the trick is to carry the biggest load but maintain forward motion. Same deal even with a creeper or hydro cub, place just enough load on the unit to work efficiently and maintain forward motion. There is a sweet spot for throwing snow, keep the unit full enough but not so much so becomes overloaded and either spills over or plugs right up.

You'll find that you can steer into the snow adding load or steer away from the snow removing load. It's that first pass that will cause you the most headache.

Attachments

• 309121.jpg
    309121.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 101
  • 309121.jpg
    309121.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 108

Latest posts

Back