• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 14, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbounds

displayname
MBounds
Brian S: Yep, the buttons are different on the blade-brake version introduced late in the 1x8/9 series to meet OSHA requiremnets. What you see in Charlie's photo the the brake disc. The brake pad is the circular piece attached to the throw-out arm (or at least you should have one there). It's easy to see in the service manual if you have or can get to one.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

I will try to get a service manual becaus I have no idea how to attach it to the throw arm.

Brian S.
Click on the Binder books icon at the top of this page. They will treat ya right.

Myron,
beerchug.gif

Can anyone tell me how to install the friction disc springs (3) on the clutch assembly for a cub 129? I am in the process of rebuilding my clutch and bought a replacement kit. These 3 springs were icluded but I do not recall seeing these when I took the old clutch off. The manual says to equally space the springs on the disc lugs on the non-drive side of the lugs? The flat side of the springs go inside the pulley cup?

Also, any suggestions on how to get the clutch assembly all the way on the drive shaft bearing. I got this started but it does not want to slide on easy?

Thanks,

Pat

the hydraulics addition on the previous page is slick. I would love to set that up on the 1650. My question is this. What about the system already on the tractor? It has an internal ram that operates the deck/3pt. Could i tie into that system or mount remote connection in the rear? What sort of flow and pressure could i expect? Thanks guys!

Hello:

Brought CCO S/N 12199 to her new home in Connecticut last night. CCO S/N 4740's younger sister. Does anyone have Just 1 Cub Cadet???

Will post pictures when Daughter gets hom on Sunday.

Just one here Mark, but I think we are considered abnormal! (I just got a CCO 2 weeks ago)

Joe

Joe:

Wait until you use one of these great machines for a while. It took me 3 months to realize I "needed" another. Tracked down and bought as a "Parts Machine", I just Can't bring myself to take one apart. One Restorer, and one for Work...

I have one CCI 782. In the family we have 4 (3 782's and 1 982). I just picked up a Spirit of 76.

Never had any intention of more than one. Heck, I am even selling a 1955 Ford F100 to make room for more!!!

For me it all started back in 1969 when my parents bought a brand new Cub Cadet 125. That 125 is now mine. I also have a second 125, an Original (apart and in process of being refurbished) a 105 (has a broken rod I think) and several parts tractors. I have enough additional parts to put together a 149 but it'd have to have a 12hp as the 14hp block that is in it has a "window" in the block or I could build another 125 out of the parts. The problem for me is finding time to work on any of them.

Got 2 but guys I think we are in the minority, some of these "gentleman" have whole back yards full of these machines!

Steve: sorry can't sell my 59 Chevy PU (too far into it) just working on the 1000 around it.
bubbly.gif
. I will admit tho the 1000 is first priority!!

Pops

MAN!
That auction was way to rich for my blood!
123's that didn't run 150 to 250
108's 175.00
1/2 of a 682 for Tedd 125.00
Blades for 150.00
Tillers 200.00
3/4's of a 382 for 150.00
I was standing by one of the auctioneers when a guy came to leave a bid, I saw his bid card and it had $2500.00 on it for a cobbled up 782D.
I knew it was time for me to leave!!!!!
And I decided not to stay for the supposed good stuff, geez

Well Stinky (682) has been starting to fuss when mowing now. Started to dink around to see what she wants now...

After cleaning the carb and running a little Sea foam in the gas tank and carb and things got going good for a few minutes and then spuder and died.

Took off the air cleaner and found water on the filter tray?!?! I guess that these Kohlers dont run too good on watered down gas.
wink.gif

Question, how can I keep the rain out of the tank? I have no room in the shed or garage. I am guessing that I will have to tarp it every time I park it. I hate to tarp it. Maybe a little umbrella for the gas cap.
happy.gif

I bought my first cub cadet a couple weeks ago. It is a model 123. It was stored inside, covered with dust and dirt! I have the gas tank removed to clean and install a new screen, gasket and sediment bowl. I have pressure washed and cleaned and now ready to change oil and see if it will run!
Have been visiting the cub cadet forum almost daily. I have manuals on order to help with any problems. I have found that this is a first priority!
I hope it is O.K. to mention that I also have a dozen or more John Deere L&G tractors. I just thought that I really needed a cub!

Dean

Mark S. Welcome to the forum. As for Cubs. I have serial number 9067 CCO, a 1965 100, 1968 125, working on a 1970 127, and coming home from Virginia a 782D. Nope... can't stop after just one.

Charlie P. $2500 for a cobbled up 782D...
jawdrop.gif
Gee... do you think I paid too much for mine then?
coffee.gif
BTW... Scott C. has it at his place. He is Gettysburg bound soon. I can't wait for it to get here. Hopefully it goes to Minnesota shortly so you can try it out. Then I'll know if I have to beg and plead with Angel to get the three point so I can plow with it.

Back