• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 13, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brinly = Ford Whimbledon White (like Denny said) or the early IH 901 white (brighter, less cream).

BUT, most just use IH 935 white and call it just fine.

Greg,
Thanks for the pictures! That's the type of weights I want to have made, the fatter ones but not too large in size so they won't drag on the ground no matter what application I end up using them for. Just curious, any rust paint will work to paint weights? I don't know my metals, so that's why I am asking. I guess they will be classed as cast if they are made at a foundry and poured into a sand casting - right??
1a_scratchhead.gif

Got the 782 back from the shop the other day. It was only running on one cylinder. Ended up being new points and condenser to solve the problem. I changed the plugs too at the same time, put in some head lights that actually light up too! Had to change the belt between the blades on the 50C deck and put new blades on it. Only thing left to do now is to remove the muffler off the parts tractor and put it on this one to see if its a little quieter. Mowed the last part of the lawn on Sunday with it, was wet, but it worked good. Even was able to level up the deck better too now that the penetrating oil has worked into the layers of rust on the under carriage.

Next job is to get the blower ready to go onto the 782. Have to remove some of the brackets on it to convert it back from a Super set up to regular wide frame set up. Have to read up how to do this, sort of confusing a little. Hope I can get my two brain cells to figure it out.

Dennis / Steve,
I agree with Steve that the IH 935 was what we thought was acceptable for the Brinly. Actually I never heard of the Ford white. But then again I don't like to read much either. (I like pictures)
err.gif

After what Wyatt said about the clear background, I'm leaning towards that. What are your thoughts guys?

Mike P--looks like you are getting that 782 ready to do some serious work!!! Feels good, doesn't it? I remember about three years when you purchased that thing and you were looking forward to someday "bringing it out of hiding"! Good stuff.

290109.jpg

I used Caleb's CubZ last night to "dig" up the garden. Other than needing a carb refurbish, that thing really works great for a mostly original 46 year old tractor. Fun little machine. Nice to get some seat time...
greenthumb.gif

Found a real mess in the float bowl of my 147 this morning ; I dove it in my shed last fall and had no problems with it . The no fire issue was the condenser and I did give the points a rub with a file . Got fire but carb needed a clean up. I will have it running today and get some seat time .
vroom.gif

Don T--I feel your pain on that messy carb. The fuel tank on that 100 I just purchased is a mess inside and it keeps sending particles into the sediment bowl--LOTS of them. The engine is burping and wheezing while running, especially under load or higher RPM's. So, like you, I need to clean the carb but also on my list will be the tank and the lines... Have fun with your project. Seat time is great
buttrock.gif

Joshua,
Yes, I am getting it ready to work, to earn its keep! Oh, at least three years ago when I was looking to bring it out of hiding. The day the wife seen it out of hiding and sitting in the garage was kinda priceless to be honest. Made my daughter laugh really hard at how she reacted. I told her not to get mad, I needed the tractor to help me work, she wasn't able to and the kids were never around. My daughter seen the extra tractor in the garage right away and just smiled at me. No joking, the wife looked around the garage, trying to understand what I was talking about, what was different, something she hadn't seen before. CLASSIC! I seriously think I could have not told her and I might have got away with it for a few more days! Samantha looked at her and said "Really Mom?! OMG!" then started laughing. The daughter is NEVER in the garage and she picked up on it at first sight of it. Needless to say, the air became VERY BLUE shortly there after along with some stomping around.
explotar2jr.gif
I came out of it with few scares so I think I faired out okay.

Anyway, now its sitting in the garage, waiting to be put to work mowing the entire lawn once the sun comes out. Hopefully everything will work out well with it. I have a toolbox to bolt onto it from Xtrememotorworks that the wife bought me for Christmas and a new hood bird. That is about as nice as it will get dressed up for now because its a worker, not a show piece. Plan is to have it do all the blower work this winter as well as haul fire wood in each week. The atv is getting tired and needs some attention, so it will not be performing wood duties anytime soon. I can't see why the 782 can't do everything I throw at it this winter or any other time of the year. Heck, we all know, its a Cub! Its an IH!
Shift.gif

Mike P--loved that whole story. I was out in the shop working on the 100 when I took a break to check in. I was alone and laughing at the details of the story. Ironically enough, it reminded me of my daughter and wife. Claudia, my daughter, hopped on the 682 Cubbie today and was complaint to my nephew that this tractor doesn't have hydro lift like the 782 does and that she much prefers that!!! Anyway, you had me rollin! If everything runs as it should, you will love the work that it is capable of!!!

Question for you guys--I'm changing the lift system on my 100 Mule from manual lift to hydro lift. Are there any special instructions or in sites that you can share that will help me in this changing this over? The 100 doesn't have the bracket holes in the frame. However my sons 125 does. Can I measure and use those holes as a template?

Donald there is installation manuals in the manual section for installing the hyd. lift also.

Was able to fix implement lift but had to use split roll pin. I don't think I am going to wait for roll pin to break but am going to replace with spirol pin when it arrives.
I think the next project will be to find and install the lift helper spring.

Back