• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 12, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
Austin-

Did you remove/clean the main jet from the emulsion tube? It can be tricky and requires a proper fitting screwdriver. If it is "stuck" by all means don't try and force it too much. It doesn't take much to make it very difficult to remove by destroying the screwdriver slot. When I have one that's difficult I put the carb in a vise, carefully apply some heat while using penetrating oil, and carefully seat the screwdriver so I can put a little umph to it. This usually works just fine. Just heat the tube about half way down and don't cook it. Common sense is highly required here.

Also, be very careful with the threads inside the tube. I use a round shanked screwdriver and make sure the screwdriver fits the slot well.

Just a thought.

So I'm going to put a AF Carb from CCS, going to replace the coil and condenser. Fix the fuel shutoff valve. and use new gaskets. So I hope I will fix this. As for the old carb was having the same problem, wouldn't run without choke and it was a fixed jet.
bash.gif

Austin-

If you are working with a Walbro then disregard my previous post...it doesn't apply.

Had purchased a 48" tiller earlier this week. missing a few parts and the PTO drive shaft has been repaired but incorrectly. The shield is on backwards and you cant insert the other half of the PTO shaft.

I had already taken it apart. Hoping someone out in IHCC land has one of these and can measure the length of the shaft from the end to the center of the yoke where the U-joint in pinned. I think the previous person doing the repair may have shortened the shaft. Mine measured 15" before i cut it back apart.

Any one have one of these, I sure would appreciate if you take the time to measure it so I can get a new tube and repair it correctly.

Thanks!

326735.jpg

326736.jpg

Jim, I have a 48" rear tiller. I'll see if I can find time this weekend to get you the measurement. It's one my parents bought new with a 2072. Art Aytay has the 2072 and I kept the tiller for use with my AC 620. I need to list the AC and it's attachments soon I want it all gone before winter.

326738.jpg

David, I just sent myself a test email to the address in my profile, from one of my other accounts and it went through just fine. Not sure what happened, in any case I sent you an email.

Charlie, I hate it when that happens.
happy.gif
I've had email conversations back and forth with my daughter and every once in a while one would go off who knows where and be delivered a day or so later. Odd when it happens.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Also does anyone know about these glass cups that have a 149, riding mower and power mower on it? Who made them and whats the story for them? As I have one and I would like to know more about it.
326745.jpg

The mower deck on my Cub Cadet 149 (S/N 205004704) does not lower and raise on the level. The right hand side goes through the full travel range but the left side does not. It seems like there is a pin missing on the right side that would go through the right side arm assembly and the rockshaft, but while there are holes shown in the parts list, there is no pin shown. The left side arm assembly does appear to have some kind of roll pin through it and the rockshaft. Should there be pins in both sides?

Jim, the PTO shaft is stuck, I have some penetrating oil sprayed into where the shield slides in hopes that it'll free up. Sorry no measurement today.
bash.gif

Charlie, I wonder how big of a turning radius that thing has? Doesn't look like it can turn very sharp.

Kraig,

That's terrible. I can wait.

Does anyone happen to have a manual on the 48" tiller?

I'm also missing both shoes and the shoe adjusters. Rear shield with the hing and the PTO shield on top of the gear box. If anyone has these and won't mind shipping them to me, I can have my fabricator make them for me. I'll of course pay for all the shipping and return them within 2 weeks. Thanks!

Back