• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 11, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You forgot:

"Cop tires, cop springs, cop shocks..."

"the lighter doesn't work."

Hey charlie,
you got all your cubs in that boat yet?
by the looks of the radar they could be swimming by day light.

Charlie
Reminds me of the happiest day of this summer when I watched my boat going down the driveway with its new owner.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Does anybody have a copy of the "history" that (Paul Bell???) did on the cast "Cadet" statues given away at the L'ville plant???? I'm thinking there were 3 versions + the Cub Bear?????

If you have it, please post it or email it to me....THANKS.

SB -

I have it, just not scanned and available to me right now. And yes, it was Paul Bell.

RICHARD - I had a couple cars & trucks like that too. At least Chevy got the color right on the one.... LEMON YELLOW!

A few more from the archives. Bryan when you scan that text I'd sure like a copy for the archives. :eek:)

21507.jpg

21508.jpg

21509.jpg

Well after 7" of rain the sun is comin out.
21515.jpg

Just before they closed Hwy 63. There's now 3 ft. over it.
21512.jpg

This is where our old house used to be.
21513.jpg

All this is coming from the west, Yea that's it! It's Nick Q's fault!
21514.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on September 15, 2004)

Charlie, looks like you bought that boat just in time!!!

Charlie,
Could I borrow the boat to use in my basement?
I have an indoor pool.
Mike

Can someone please tell me if the rear PTO unit for the older gear driven Cub cadets are all the same? I did not know if narrow frame / wide frame made a difference. I know a gentleman that has one that he is thinking about selling.

Charlie- I was wondering how much rain we got, cause my guage only goes to 5" and it was full at 4:00 am! I've never seen the water so high in my neck of the woods. Glad the Cubs are all on high ground. Spring Valley have the National Guard there again to sandbag?

Jeremy,

Same-Same except for the shift linkage.

If you buy it from the other guy make sure you get the tranny top shaft, the rear PTO will not work without a special top shaft. It's almost best just to buy the whole rear end.

Bryan/Kraig,

Thanks

Nick Q,
To late to sand bag, they set and watched it rise and said it would start going back down, 30 minutes later, it raised 2.9 ft., By that time it was to late to do anything. It's higher now than it was in 2000.

Jeremy, AFAIK, the Original-73, i.e. Cubs with optional fenders and low tunnels, used a different version than the Cubs with standard fenders and higher tunnels 102-1200. Sooooooo, it isn't the 'narrow frame' vs 'wide frame' as much as it is 'low tunnel optional fenders' vs 'high tunnel standard fenders'. Hope this helps........

Jeremy, what Steve wrote! The main difference is that due to the low tunnel and round fenders a simple linkage is all that is needed but the Cubs with the high tunnel and larger fenders require a more complex linkage.

Got a possible problem with my 1250...

Back in May I replaced the head gasket due to it being blown all of a sudden - caused by grass & junk piled up @ the rear of the block - obstructing air flow etc...I'm guessing.

I checked the head flatness per the Kohler manual (K301 by the way) on a surface plate @ work & it fell within the 0.003 spec.

Just blew another head gasket the other day due to a bolt coming loose. Looks like I need new bolts as these may have streched & possibly a new head.

So my questions are...Is there a spec./dimension for piston @ TDC to deck - I know on a stock small block chevy's there's usually a clearance here- plus any thickness the gasket adds.

& Does anyone know if a cast iron head is/was available? Seems like the aluminum head could be warped easily on an air cooled engine. Or is there a "service" gasket which is thicker than stock gasket to allow for heat expansion of the piston?
There was no evidence that the piston "kissed" the head, but I'd just like to know my options for anything in the future....

Eric

Back