• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 11, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
Thanks for the help on the tourque spec.. I dug deep into the "Library" and found the Kohler Service Manual (and some other stuff I forgot about too!).

Steve,
I know it sounded stupid, but...............

Now of to the 122, 71 and the 120 for some quatity wrench time.

Tom,

I didn't take that as sounding stupid at all.....there are a lot of things out there that can be more complicated than they look on the surface.......torque units are one of those things that can make you wonder and it's always better to get it right first.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I wish I was getting in "quality wrench time".....still painting the $%^& house!!!! Closest thing to wrench time I had all day was putting hte ladder stabilizer on my extenasion ladder and then picking up a starter for the grain truck for dad on my way to get more stain for the house.

(side note: It sucks to paint 12 gallons of stain on the house and sheds, then come up 2 quarts short on the last phase of the second coat at 5pm....at least I had time to run to Peoria for more and get it rolled on before dark!!!)

Steve, done hauling sileage for today
happy.gif

856 with turbo on the blower, hauling loads with a 706 and 560 diesel, and the Case up on the pile. The old 856 sure barks when I'm unloading. It's too full when the blower starts shaking!!

I'll snap some pics tomorrow!!

Charlie Z.
Yea the hoist is home made. The electric winch came from Harbor Freight. They have several models, this one is one of the smaller units.

21446.jpg

Went to Heritage Days in Lanesville, Indiana yesterday. There were 7 or 8 Cub Cadets there, but this is the one I wanted to take a picture. He had it in Boonville in July, but I didn't get a picture of it. Said he hit a rock or the hole would've been deeper.

/{pic}

My Cubs durring & after the fair. I hope they turn out. Thanks for the tips Kraig!!!
21451.jpg

21452.jpg

21453.jpg

I found a way get even more use out of the cub today I was given an off topic log spliter that had been converted from 3pt pto dtive to a trailer with 8hp B&S and the engine is finished so I got to lookin and thinking about the Old Threshers Reunion and thought why not?1.jpg

HELP! Would the clutch drive plate off a 104 or 106 fit a 1200? Looks like it would fit down inside the hub and bolt up. Is there something I'm missing? The one on a Quietline seems kinda flimsy. Thanks.

Glen you don't want to dop that. while it looks like it will fit and will. you need the 1200 style with the pivoting center because you have a rubber mounted engine that moves around.

Glen
The 1200 used the flex drive plate because of the ISO mounts that allowed the engine to "move". The pilot bearing for the front of the driveshaft is a ball type to allow movement without binding the shaft. The other drive disc will work OK if you mount the engine solid. Should use some spacers the thickness of the rubber mounts to keep the drive shaft on the right plane

That's what I was afraid of. I have an extra NF one and did not want to spend 73 bucks on the flex one. Thanks to all.

Finally got the rear end for Twister 982 put back in.I used the 30mm super axles,cast iron tubes bored to 40mm apx1.5748 and about .002 bigger on the end for the seals.The Thorrington bearing # is NK30/20A 30mmIDx40mm ODx20mmwide.The CR seal is #11605 30mmID x40mmOD x7mm wide.The brake calipers have to be raised up about 3/8 to clear the hub for the disc.Hopefully this will be the last broken axle.
21467.jpg

Paul Funk: I enlarged and lightened that picture of the post hole digger. That is the first item that I have seen running off a rear PTO. Do you have any more pictures? Was that homemade or was it manufactured by some Company(who)? It looks like the tractor must roll forward as the drill goes down. That is a very interesting implement. Do you know if he had a Hub City reverser on the rear PTO. If you have more pictures could you post them.
21475.jpg

Wm D., the post hole digger is home made. No, it doesn't have to move forward to dig. The PTO will run with the tractor out of gear and the clutch released. He didn't have a reducer on it and it seemed to run about the right speed. I've sent you a short video and I'll email you the higer resolution pictures when I get a chance. Thought he did a really nice job on it. Don't know how hard it would be to pull out of a deep hole with the handlever, however.

Richard C., awesome job on the 50" deck!!!!!

Paul F., when you send the high resolutions photos and video to William could you please send a copy to me too? TIA

Donnie, glad to assist. Nice looking Cubs, my favorite models. :eek:)

Richard C....I had been thinking of doing that to my 50" deck for quite a while. My grandpa's 3235 54" deck has a factory setup like that I was trying to adapt to the 782's deck. I was going to remove the original rub rails to do mine and use the OEM Cub Cadet caster wheels. A local welding shop is going to fab up the brackets for me. He's kinda into mowers himself and likes to make accessories for ZTR mowers. Looks good. If you click on my name/profile you can see the 3235's setup. Actually it uses a full across roller setup in the rear of the deck. I'll bypass on that however.

(Message edited by ncostello on September 13, 2004)

(Message edited by ncostello on September 13, 2004)

Back