• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 08, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pat,
At my local Home Depot, the Brinley Implements were in boxes on the shelves in the Lawn and Garden department (same place they keep the boxed utility trailers). My clerk didn't know anything about it either. I had to find them myself.
Mike

Rich,
Looks like a beautiful job on that deck.
Great fabrication job.
Mike

Richard-
Wow! Looking good...

By the time you're done with that thing, you're going to have a 50" version of the 60" Haban deck! <font size="-2">I wonder if anybody's ever tried to put one of those under an IH cub?</font>

SM-50c-WFSGW???

(Message edited by aaytay on September 10, 2004)

ART - I don't know what the model number is but Dad's 154 Lowboy has a 60" IHC deck under it and Dad says it's the BEST CUTTING deck He's ever seen under a Yellow & White tractor. But then He doesn't have but a couple Wideframes and the 1000 has a 38" deck.... no 44's or 50's. And he mounted the tiller on the 129 He has when He bought the tractor about 8 yrs ago and has never taken it off. I think it had the older style 42" deck anyhow. I "MAY" have to try to talk Him out of that deck someday....

Denny-
I *think* that deck was also built by Haban, but is slightly different from the SGT deck, but either way I'd have to agree that it's the best cutting deck I've owned.

<font size="-2">..for being on a tractor that's not the pinnacle of cub production.</font>
happy.gif

Art, Denny,

Early Lo-Boy decks were all IH.....later 184 decks were Haban.

Richard,

Nice work!!!! Field test report?????

STEVE - Thing that amazes Me about the 154 is the number of parts on it that would bolt right onto My 72! S/G, most of the LPTO clutch is straight off a CC.... And the 154 sure has more HP than the '57 LoBoy Dad used to run. Easier for The Ole' Man to get on & off too.

Denny,

You need to get with Big Steve......he knows some tricks to get 154's up to 18+hp like the 184's were. I sure he will let you know at PD.

Fall PD website and registration page is almost ready......look for a link soon!!!!!!!!

STEVE - I've talked to Big Steve already... Seems like it was PD two yrs ago. Dad still had the old '57 LoBoy that was rated maybe 9 HP @ 1400. It struggled with a 42" single blade mower! Seems like it was mostly carb upgrades.
TRAVIS - Seems like the S/G sits on the engine Backwards from a CC so it probably does run backwards. I've only ever seen the thing twice.... and it was in pieces once.

All,
Can you give me some information/pictures (Kraig)
on Cub Cadet Snow Throwers? Like did they make them for originals? Stuff like that.
Thanks, Mike

Shadetree Mechanic 50" cut With Front Swivel Gage Wheels?
Superior Modified 50 clock-hours Wide Frame Stormin' Grass Whacker?
Whatever it's called, it looks good. Nice job.

Art -

Hydro Harry used to sling a 60" under his 1650. It may be mentioned in the BGC archives.

I remember he said he needed his son to help cuz it was so awkward.

Hey Richard T, we're still here, just missing a few trees. This one fell on the side of the house, close call.
21422.jpg

And the lake got a little closer.
21421.jpg

But living in a low lying area we're about eight feet above the 100 year flood plain level. The barn is jacked up on dirt almost as high so the Cubs are all safe. Ivan is coming and my generator has a T.., Tec..., one of those hard as heck engines to work on. I'm thinking about pulling the Kohler out of one of the cubs to see if it'd run the generator more smoothly!

I thought that Woods made the mowers for the Cubs.?.?

Richard,
Sw-e-e-e-t!

Back