• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 02, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Tom - I think Glen gave you a new signature line !
Take it when you can and run with it !!

DonT - I'll help you thin out the herd , bring that '61 down here , and pick up Frank on your way down.

joshua,
I have these two Originals at present, and both have been posted here before, but I don't remember where or when.
229882.jpg

229883.jpg

Rob-

I'd just run it before deciding whether or not it needs rebuilding.

Joshua-

My O is probably within a few weeks of yours...can't remember the serial number off the top of my head but it's 32XXX.

KENtuckyKEN

I bet Frank would like that.But the 61 ain`t going nowhere lol. Her ser. is 22814 . I don`t think you guys have 7.9 % beer down your way ? Frank did like the beer I gave him last trip over.

Paul Bell

I don`t spell so Good , but that looks like a teledine in that one O. man I would love to have that engine here. I bet it runs some smooth ?

Oh Ken If if I did you would have to take me fishing .
beerchug.gif

I have a 1250 that I have almost completed the restoration process. Engine runs fine but when I go to shift forward it wont move. I replaced all seals on tranny and pump and refilled fluid. checked linkage against my 1650 and all seems correct. pump is turning and check valves arent stuck in down position. Any ideas? Drive shaft is turning pump freely and there is no rattling or thumping. Could there be air in system or do I need to prime it aome how. Thanks

Donald T,
Yes, it is a 4A032 Teledyne. Sounds like a VW with "a cam" at idle, kinda has a lope to it. The name BUZZZZZ came from the bee's that were buzzing around it the first time it was outside. Guess they thought it was a big yellow flower.......

Paul- Those are some great looking machines. Don beat me to it but it sure looks like a teledyne motor in your custom. How do you like that? Also noticed you have a recoil start on your stock unit, cool!

Matt-that is a pretty close serial number to mine. Have you had to do much work on yours? I really like these the more that I see them. My Super will work circles around the O but it is tough as nails and very old school! I can't wait to get it running good and find some jobs for it to do!!!
buttrock.gif

Rich Trevains

There is a few things you could check. Is the shaft turning in the back of the hydro pump. The pin in the coupler could have broken and then the drive shaft can turn but a no go forward or back.

Did you fill the filter with hytran ? or is dry install. the pumps take a bit to prime after the filter has been filled.

If you installed a dry filter , check the rear end and see if its still up to the plug.

Yes they can air lock ! turn one hydro valve out except for a few threads so the air can escape. don`t remove completely or you might get a bath.

Fill us in on what works. later Don T

Joshua-

Mine is non-running; I bought it in 2006 when I was a senior in high school. I am now out of college, and I've moved away from home, so it'll be sitting at my parents' house for the foreseeable future. It needs a LOT of work; the trans is rusty inside, it's painted JD green and yellow, the axle seals and bushings are shot, the engine is stuck, and I don't believe it has ran in my lifetime. Someday I will completely restore it, but it's going to be at least 5 years until I get to it (or any other CC projects, most likely).

Joshua S. Cubgratulations on getting your first Original. The rear rims are more than likely Masey Ferguson rims. They offered the 6 x 12 rims for the garden tractors also. Those rims were deliverd to the Massey Ferguson plant in Des Moines, Iowa already by a firm named Sargeant Company.

Paul Bell

Those are sweet running engines and I would love to have one on a loader here. I think with just a few small changes they will make some nice HP. Do they run smooth ? someday I will have to ship one to Frank C . But then he still has a few Flags I did not get . lol
229887.gif
229888.gif

Thanks to Kreig KOTP, That helps I had the rod bolt washers wrong, thinking how can you torque a lock washer.

I got my v-61s mounted, they are a nice tire and they turn good to. I ended up taking my s/g to a shop I found, they are putting new studs, brushes, bearings, and feild coils in it.
229891.jpg

The original K161 engine in my 72 is getting tired. I have a K181S engine that needs some minor work (I think) to get it running again. I have not seen any post about a K181S engine, looks like it came off a generator. I perfer an engine swap as this is the only Cub I have, they are pretty scare in New Mexico. Any comments on the K181S?

James, the k-181 was the IH replacement engine for the 72 and would bolt right if the crankshaft ends are the correct length, and the oil pan is the same.

Lucas, what size V61's did you get? Im wondering how hard itll be to stuff the 18*8.50's on my stock cub rims, even with a tire machine.

JJ, that's my 982 hooked to the trailer. It has the 20 hp Onan and a 60 inch deck.

Joshua, the Scout is a 1972, Scout II. It has the 345 ci with a four speed tranny, Dana's with 373 gears. It has diamond plate for floor boards. Also has headers, Flowmasters, all stainless exhaust. The tires are Mickey Thompson Baha's 31 inches. Presently it has a Holley 2-bbl. I have a 4-bbl manifold that is going on it with an Edelbrock (Carter) 4-bbl. carb. Thanks for your interest.

Lucas, wow, thats alot of tube for a tire thats two inches smaller in at least one dimension haha, I suppose there wasnt much gap left unfilled tho, I have 16*7.50-8 tubes in my tires currently, got em from True Value an that was the closest they had. They hold air so I cant complain

Rich T-

Did you get your 1250 operating properly? If you read back a couple of days you'll see I had/have the same problem also with a 1250. After splitting the tractor twice without success I was getting ticked so I went on to another tractor for the time being. I'll get the 1250 fixed next week.

Let us know what you found to be the problem.

Back