• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 02, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Allen S,
There's no need to cut any fenders for any chain install. Chains are chains unless you take them off an old farm tractor or motor grader.
The only problem you might run into is if your taken chains off a 6.50 car tire and tryin to put them on a 10.50 Cub tire.

Allen S.
I ran car chains on first cub(147, 10.50 tires). You might have to overlap them and use rubber tie downs to make sure they are tight. You cannot have any loose chain, it will rip the fenders and anything else they come in contact with.

james c my 127 woundnt run right when hot,i mean it got real hot.One day just looking at the motor i saw an acorn in the cooling fins by the shroud.A mouse made its home in there. Took what i could apart and useing a coathanger and compressed air took out a coffee can full of junk.It dosent get hot anymore. good luck brad

I had to move a shingle pallet today and I really didn't think the ole 1450 would do it, but to my surprise, it drug that sucker with no problem!!!!
39623.jpg

39625.jpg

39624.jpg

rfowler- yer post are better place in the classified section. I see a "poof" coming up when Charlie or Bryan wake up from their slumber.

Hugh,
The odds of a post getting poofed are slim to none now days, Just so you'll know. But moving post to the right section seems to be the norm these days too! Grrrrrr

Brian B,
Yea, they are a tad bit bigger Titan 26x12x12's. rims are 11" wide, bead to bead.
I got tired of running out of traction pushing dirt, ripping dirt and just general work, so I added 90 lb. starter weights and 54lb. weight and my traction problem has gone away. And if need bea another set of 54 pounders is an easy addon.
Course yesterday after I stopped pulling that pallet to take the pic and then take off again, I raised the front end out a foot before gettin the dang thing to move again the last 30 ft, LOL
39628.jpg

when you get new rear tires, can you get taller tires but same width with original rim, or do you have to get wider rims also?

Jeff B.
There's so many variations on tires that for me to say either way would take up 3 pages of examples. LOL
The best thing to do would be to see what your looking for by a google search or check out tire store or greedbay and look around first. JMHO!

Charlie, didnt get my parts book yet. Do you know a Gates belt number for our 147 between the engine and motor/starter? thnx

Digger:
Now fess up...You put spacers under the fenders so they would clear the 26x12x12!!!
Difference between yours and mine looks like you did not space the foot rests.
I got some 26x12x12's from Case-IH that were for the Farmall line..came with rims...had to space out rims to clear and added 1" under fenders.and foot rests..had to...otherwise Cozy Cab would not fit...on my 1650.
Add 175 lbs per wheel and traction is NO PROBLEM!
Farmall silver doesn't look bad until it got covered up with weights.

Frank M.
I did use spacers but I really didn't need to, BUT, I always grab the fenders and there's was only 1/2" clearance. I also put spacers under the foot rest.
Mine looks taller because of the big rubber bumpers under the seat mount. Makes for a super smooth ride under all conditions as it makes me set up straighter and not slouch.

Digger:
I did not have very much clearance. Maybe 1/4" at best before I added 1 inch spacers.
The angle of your foot rest looked differemt, that is whay I assumed you did not space them.
I could tell you had spacers by the clearance over the tires, knowing what mine looked like before.
Also, I think I have three 100's. Not sure. Too many on storage lot to remember all models there and one to pick up one of these days.

I got the clutch repaired on my cub last night and today took it down to put it in the LaPlata parade get down the sing in and low and behold the clutch disc disinagreted into tons of littles peices. I found peices of the disc as far away as 40'. Needles to say it got towed once agin to the shop. So once agin I need another clutch assembly.

Finally got some time to work on my "new" 582 this afternoon, and I realized why IH stayed with Kohler engines so long in the Cub Cadets....whoever invented the Briggs carb on a 582 was on dope!!!!

You have to take the manifold off just to remove the carb, fixed main jet, goofy governor, idle jet underneath the fuel pump body, and those diaphragm fuel pumps are fun to re-assemble without dropping the little brass springs!!!

BUT, the good news is the 582 is now running good and strong on a spottless carb, new fuel lines, new plugs, and filter!!! Added 600 rpm as well to get it up to the 3600 no-load spec....(never could quite figure out why people don't take engines all the way up to the rated RPM's...it's just wasted potential at anything less) Clutch seems pretty stout too, as I was able to pull the front wheels off of the ground easily at 1/2 throttle in 3rd gear!!!

There seems to be no good way to drain the oil in those Briggs motors though, at least not that I could find today...everything is a pipe plug ABOVE the mounting plate. I'm hoping that the oil that the oil that dripped off of the mounting plate was just the remenants of a PO's oil change, and not a leak at the rear main seal or block.

In the next few weeks it will get a sleeve hitch, spring assist, some gear shift work, and a set of 8.50 Stones....then it will get a good work out at Plow Day!

All in all it's shaping up to be a nice red tractor!

Back