• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 02, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkirk

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Kirk
Norm B,

It is possible for a rod cap to be assembled incorrectly at the factory prior to facing and boring operations. This would result in what you are observing-swapped alignment marks. I would trust your felt tip marker versus the cast-in marks. The rod is perfectly serviceable and I'd go ahead and use it.

Thanks David, just wanted to make sure. Actually I use center punch marks, it more permanent.
Thanks for getting back to me, I'm off & runnin'

Does anyone know if Cub Cadet Connection has changed their phone number and email address? I've tried to call the number on their web site, but its been disconnected and I don't get any replys to my emails. I really need to get in touch with them. Thanks in advance.

Also forgot to post about a local show. The White River Valley Antique Association at Elnora, IN will be having its annual show on September 9, 10, and 11. The feature tractor brand is Case, but there will be lot of the other major brands also. Usually lots of Cub Cadet there too. I'm planning on taking 22. If you have any questions, email me.

Roland B, Thanks for the photos. My lift handle is not centered in the slot like your is. I don't think I am getting enough movement to get the cylinder to go down correctly. I'll look into it soon.

Daniel C Thanks for posting about Elnora. There is a good chance I will be there, although my cubbies will stay at home!

Byran B:

The levers are connected to the spool valve via a small link (see Red arrow). I recently had my levers and linkages all apart. One lever wasn't moving so good, so I ended up cleaning and lubricating all movable parts.

The spool valve is mounted to a plate (see Green arrow). That plate is mounted to the steering column with 2 "U" shaped clamps. I suppose it would be possible, that those mounting plate U clamps came loose and that plate slid down the steering column, thus changing the mid lever position on the dash. The dash lever has a pivot point (see Orange arrow), and mounting brackets also (see Yellow arrow), that may have become loose, need lubrication, and/or both.

These are some suggestions that you may want to look at.

30518.jpg

Attachments

• 30518.jpg
    30518.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 30518.jpg
    30518.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 252
Is the creeper for the "original" different from the one used in later cubs?

Barry it is entirely different than creepers used in any other model Cub. Roger

Wyatt, good to "see" you posting. I don't think anyone would say you're a lurker. LOL.. Missed reading your posts and advice. You always give great direction and technical advice. Are you an engineer? :cool:

Roland B, Excellant! I hadn't thought of slightly moving the valve up a little on the stearing shaft to re-center my handle. I guess I will have to remove the fuel tank to get access to all that, and then I will have a look.

Thanks again!

I am also glad to see your valve is yellow! I thought maybe mine had been switched or something. I would have thought they would have been red or black? I guess International had a bunch of yellow ones left over when they went to the red tractors?

I went to the Rock River Thresheree just north of Janesville, WI today. Here is a picture for Steve B.. Not as big as the plows he saw a few weeks ago. There are more pictures in the larger relatives area.
30532.jpg

Attachments

• 30532.jpg
    30532.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 30532.jpg
    30532.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 247
Bryan B.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but since CC made both red and yellow/white 82 series when they took over, they probably didn't care much if they grabbed a yellow painted valve or red valve since it wouldn't be visible?

Bryan B:

The color of my control valve is NOT CC yellow. It is more like a Caterpillar Yellow. I assume this color was chosen by the Vendor, being Dukes Fluid Power. Both my 1450 & 784 have this Vendor for their control valves and painted the same.

I also assume, that CC bought these valves from a Vendor(s), and since they were tucked away underneath a dash, CC left it the color the Vendor painted them.

If my assumptions are incorrect, someone can chime in and supply correct information.

Wes- Pulling that thing with your Cub should be no hill for a climber...
animatedIHbear.gif

Would somebody please post the instructions & diagrams for installing lights on an "original". Thanks. Barry

Joseph C, Chuck F;
Regarding the E85, it sounds like a neat project, but if it isn't widely available, it wouldn't be too practical. I was curious as to where to find the fuel. I did find a station locator here:
http://afdcmap.nrel.gov/locator/LocatePane.asp
Bryan, Palatine is closer to you than Arlington Heights. Plus, just a few blocks from Palatine Oil, there is Durty Nellie's, Emmett's, The Office, several other fine establishments, and, of course, me. It could be made into a multi-purpose trip.

Looked in sponsors above...Did not find one.
It is a three spade...Bat, Sta, Ign. It is different than the other 5 spade switchs.

Will a three spade that has B..S..M work? I have always been under the impression that the M is for magneto and that it grounds in off position. Is that correct? I don't have one to trace.

My 169 quit and the switch had a broken spade. Not fixable...rusted completely off.

(Message edited by fmorski on September 04, 2005)

Craig H.,
They had a smaller steam engine trying to pull a 6 bottom. I did say try. They only had 5 of the bottoms in the ground and they brought it to a stop twice in one round. The ground was very hard as Kevin Dunham can attest to. He tried to plow in it in the past with his 782D. The Brinly plow would not even go into the ground in spots if I remember right. It was kind of interesting to watch the belt driven sugar cane press work though.

Back