• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 31, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
291712.jpg

I'm here
WELCOME.gif
! Thinking about how nice it was riding the Mule (100) last week today at Bluniers PD in those unseasonably warm temps. Today, freezing while installing siding! Thinking about more cub seat time removing snow in the not too distant future...

Josh,
Shame on you for using the "S" word.
bottom.gif
I'm not near ready for that yet. Err, um, I mean I don't have the cubs ready for that yet.
facepalm.gif
Kinda stinks that it's October 31st and our wind chills are gonna be in the teens tonight with actual lows in the lower 20's. I'm sure Charlie's gonna be in the single digits.
whistling.gif

I am probably going to look at a 147 this weekend. Any hints as to what to make sure works such as the hydro etc. It has not been run in about a year. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Rodney, the 147 came with an electric lift. That would be my main concern. I do not have any experience with electric lifts however, so I can't advise on what to check for.

Well I know this is not really the right spot but seeing as things seem a little slow, and nobody responded to my question in the sand box, I'll ask on main page, can anybody suggest or give me some advice on buying a seed/spreader, would like to buy a decent one, maybe with real gears that are not plastic, did notice a couple older cyclone spreaders around, not sure if there any good though? Oh ya I'm gonna be towing it with a cub cadet, that should clear me from
bottom.gif

Food for thought? Have a good running 12 hp that I removed from a 123. It's a replacement engine with the cam cover dipstick with no upper dipstick tube. I would like to use it but it's obviously not correct for that tractor. Question is - can I remove the grenade gears, drill the block for a top dipstick tube and put a non-dipstick cam cover on it? Again, I know it's not correct for the 123 but if I were to modify it at least it would look correct. Any thoughts?

Rodney

147s are great. The e lift is the biggest concern IMO. It's not a huge deal as they can be swapped out for a manual lift. Someone did that to mine before I bought it and it works great.

Terry,
Why? If the replacement engine is black, it most likely is a replacement engine bought from IH that replaced the original engine in the 123 for what ever reason (original was worn out, blown up, damaged etc.). As an IH replacement engine, it is more correct than trying to modify a block to make it look like something it is not. However it's your's, you can do what you want......

Guys--Still hungry for more plowing and so today we cut the last of the corn stalks out of the garden to use for front porch decorations.

291727.jpg

Here Caleb is having a blast using the Kukri to chop the stalks off and stack them.

291728.jpg

It is always bittersweet to get to this time of year. I love the colors and the fresh fall air but I know a long cold winter is right around the corner.

291729.jpg

Caleb wanted to use the 782 but I wanted him to get some more practice with the Mule GD and so after I struck out he went at it...

291730.jpg

He was a little nervous at first but after a couple of rounds, he gave me a big thumbs up and said, "I like it dad!" The furry kid in the background is "Nixie Knox".

291731.jpg

He loved it because when he got to the end of a row, he would stop, raise the plow, and then let the clutch out and it would pull about a 6" wheelie every time.
Shift.gif
Kraig, reminds me of a certain ad that said something about "the most destructive force on earth"...

291732.jpg

Part of the reason for the wheelie is that he wanted to plow with "the Punisher". That is what I've named our 12" Brinly. Those 12" plows are definitely heavy and take some power to pull.

What's better than enjoying Cub time yourself? Sharing it with someone that you love and watching them enjoy it with you!!!
ihrotate.gif

Paul, Frank - I'll get more details today but the engine is yellow with the engine id on a sticker on the flywheel cover rather than the actual plate riveted to the cover. Sounds like it's out of a later Cub rather than a factory replacement.

Joshua

really nice plowing pics. I also enjoy sharing my IH/Cub related stuff with friends & family. Dad showed us how you can pop wheelies with a 125 that has a tiller on the rear back when I was a kid.

Did they print instalation instructions for the Original dual wheel spacers?

Daniel G--it is always interesting to me to hear the stories that you guys share about growing up on and around Cubs. To my knowledge, I was the first one in my extended family to purchase a Cub Cadet and then really get into them. Now my Dad has the Chief (149), Cousin Russell's 100, Cousin Clint's 1872, and Uncle Rogers 129. So, we are becoming a Cub family! Do you guys still have the 125? My son Caleb has a 125 ( it is in my profile pic). We like them and I'm hoping to pass the brand loyalty on to them.

Great pics, Josh. How old is Caleb? You're right about sharing the Cub addiction with someone you love.

Latest posts

Back