• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 28, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick stupid question, I was going to rering a k301 out of one of my cubs it runs fine all except burning oil, and right now it is a standard bore, would I use the standard bore ring kit or would I go up to the .10 ring, the piston looks good and everything else is within spec.

I have a rear wheel PTO adapter, but instead of a square piece of steel that bolts to the wheels it just has two flat steel straps formed into the shape of an "X", with the PTO shaft welded into the center. Im sure there are several different kinds.

Before I sandblasted mine, it showed remnants of silver paint. There was also a rectangular patch of silver paint where a decal or something had been stuck on at some time.

Well since Hurricane Sandy gave me a day off I made use of the time to do a little Cub work. Got the snow plow/chains on the 129. Wheel weights will be here by the end of the week. Bring on the snow!

I called a former CC tech ,who now is the dealer's salesman, and he remembers that silver PTO wheel adapter. But as he recalls that the adapters were made by a small manufacturer, maybe even working out of his garage.
Shift.gif

Thanks Dennis i really appreciate the info sure it will help a lot .just recently purchased the 982 seems to a great little tractor couldn't pass up the deal. Going to try to do some ground breaking with it.just purchased a I h blade for it ,wish it had power steering but I can live without it.

Here's a couple pics of mine, never used it but 30 or 40 years ago I sure could have. I think it is homemade.

248160.jpg

248161.jpg

Michael, is #682, the "4 PTO Special" yours? Very nice!
greenthumb.gif
Nice floor too. One thing though, shouldn't it be a 3 PTO Special seeing that the front 90° PTO is using the engine PTO clutch to operate, thus negating it as an individual PTO?
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif

Charlie, not a word.
sad.gif

BILLY C. - I like my 982 also. I had been looking for an 1872 or 2072 for a couple years but was able to find this nicely redone 982 with ALL the options & a 50C deck. It actually handles good without power steering. I'm not a huge fan of the Onan engine. My dealer laughs at me when I go in and ask about parts for the Onan engine. But the tractor has been a great performer for the twelve years I've had it.

I am putting my 147 back together and was wondering if I left off the fan drive shaft guard what effects would there be? Any help is appreciated.

Rodney, why leave it off? FWIW, the later series did not have the fan shroud...

Kraig,
Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe he has a PTO on each back wheel making it four?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Bad day at black rock! Drove the 147 in the shop last night to start removing the eng. and pull the blance gears. Went to push it out this morning and the "charge check valves"(?) will not release the hyd. With flash light and mirrow, it looks as if the pins are in the down position. Any suggestions, other than hanging myself from the rafters?

James N.
If they are down, the hydro is in the free wheel position.
If you need to move it, unhook the drive shaft.

I talked with Myron yesterday he said all is good, just busy with life..

Sorry, I forgot that you guys have a little more to deal with at this time with the storm. When things settle down a bit, here's a photo of my 147 valves. Any suggestions would help.

248168.jpg

Thanks for the info Charlie, I may have to do as yoy suggest, but I still have the problem. With the pins depressed, I should be able to push the tractor, no way, it won't move. If the valves are just stuck and require cleaning, should I be able to remove them with just the seat and fender assy. removed?
OK, I just answered my question, the valves released. Now to see what other problems I can create
?/#@%&&# Guess where my head has been? The brakes had not released! Still have the stuck valves, Will they release when the eng. starts???

Gettin' antsy! Got the 147 out and pushed some leaves into a large pile this afternoon for some impromptu seat time. Hoping everyone in the path of Sandy is doing alright and faring well.

Back